Senior Hardware Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sr Hardware Engineer
Check out www.scientificsearch.com for all of our openings
Our client is recognized as the expert in RF communications, measurement and management providing innovative RF products, systems, services and educational solutions to the wireless industry. They pride themselves having employees that enjoy working for a privately owned manufacturing business where their contributions make a great impact.
The Senior Hardware Engineer is responsible for all technical aspects of electrical system designs including product architecture, planning, implementation, configuration, functional and compliance testing, and support. This person will interact with software/test/mechanical/layout engineers, technicians, quality assurance, manufacturing, tech support, field applications engineers, subcontractors, and customers to design and test new technologies and products in a concurrent project engineering environment. This will be accomplished under the supervision of the Engineering Manager.
Provides design services including project definition, architecture, interface specifications, detailed design for circuit card assemblies, firmware implementation on FPGAs, embedded software development, PCB layout and other responsibilities as required for sustained engineering or new high-speed electrical system designs.
- Develop an environment of continual improvement through the use of Lean tools.
- Be able to describe the quality policy and goals, your contribution to quality, and the effects of not observing quality and customer requirements.
- Provide leadership in the architecture and design of hardware, firmware and software in design engineering projects;
- Detailed design of electrical board schematics and layouts for high-density FPGA-based systems;
- Design and implement firmware using VHDL/Verilog, including configuration and interfacing to IP cores on complex FPGA designs involving numerous high-speed interfaces (DDR LVDS, Aurora, PCIe Express, etc.);
- Research and recommend hardware components;
- Design and architect hardware and software interface specifications;
- Develop and maintain development standards, processes and methods;
- Embedded software design and development;
- Create and maintain project technical documentation, interface control documents, and project management documentation including system requirements, specifications, and test requirements;
- Develop test plans and automated test software/firmware for design verification and production;
- Technical assistance to sales, customer service and customers as required;
- Technical support and sustaining engineering for manufacturing operations;
- Technical support to supply chain management and productions for vendor or parts selection;
- Other management and tasks as required by the Engineering Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, minimum;
- 10+ years of industry experience or 7+ years at X-COM with demonstrated technical knowledge of digital or communication processing systems design;
- Knowledge of concepts related to high-speed electrical system designs – signal integrity, crosstalk, impedance matching, timing, thermal design, etc.;
- Extensive experience with Xilinx FPGA’s and Xilinx Vivado Design Suite with proficiency in VHDL;
- Ability to interact with and/or supervise interns, hardware/software/test/mechanical/layout engineers, technicians, quality assurance, manufacturing, tech support, field applications engineers and subcontractors;
- Familiarity with test instruments and ability to educate/support others with the use of such instruments;
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of industry standards and performance specifications;
- Experience with assembly and high-level languages for multiple processor types;
- Excellent PC skills including word processing, spreadsheets and design of PC-based applications;
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Xilinx Multi-Gigabit Transceivers implementing high-speed serial links including Aurora and PCIe;
- Working knowledge of storage interfaces and protocols such as NVMe/PCIe, SAS, and SATA;
- Experience in software and hardware based digital signal processing.
- Domain knowledge of RADAR, EW, ELINT, SIGNIT, RF, and Aerospace Defense.
- Experience in Verilog.
- U.S. Citizenship or equivalent.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Client offers a competitive salary package that is dependent on qualifications and experience as well as a strong benefit package, plus participation in a companywide bonus plan. Interested candidates should submit current resume. For a faster response please include job title in subject line. Please note that all candidates applying must have proper US work authorization, client will NOT sponsor.
TechnologyView all jobs at Scientific Search
Get fresh Hardware Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.