Senior Electrical/Electro-Mechanical Engineer
Scientific Search Edgewood, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Electrical/Electro-Mechanical Engineer
Check out www.scientificsearch.com for all of our openings
- Design functional electrical systems through the development and testing of components.
- Research and design components for electrical equipment and systems for use in commercial, and government contracts.
- Examine, prepare and verify technical drawings and specifications of electrical systems, to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Draft detailed multi-view drawings of assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Confer with management, production, sales and purchasing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Analyze engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors.
- Design and plan the layout of electrical assemblies to customer requirements; communicating details with Manufacturing and Test.
- Work independently using written feedback, general standards, and guidelines, without excessive reliance on redlines or specific, per-drawing direction.
- Communications and updates estimate, schedules, reports, and documents based on revisions and changes to the project.
- Results oriented with the ability to organize, prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage project schedules.
- Prepare and communicate specifications for purchase of materials and equipment/tooling when necessary, during prototype phase.
- Work directly with Scientists and Engineers to determine component requirements and design details.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role.
- Perform electrical engineering analysis in order to properly design and document components and assemblies.
- Inspect and observe facilities to evaluate the efficacy and quality of electrical systems, components, and products Plans and analyzes electronic engineering commodities.
- Creates test procedures and production assembly documents.
- Document configuration management activities (changes and initial releases) within a product lifecycle management tool as a part of the overall workflow process.
- Self-check drawings as well as check drawings created by other designers/engineers.
- Solicit feedback and drawing critiques from other internal staff as well as provide similar feedback to other internal staff.
- Work with other sites and assist with engineering drawings and document control and approval process.
- Able to work as an engineering technician to support other engineers with assembling products, and building wire harnesses.
- Present and defend designs and drawings at Design Reviews to internal staff and management.
- A commitment to excellence and exemplary internal and external customer service.
- Is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercise judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Interprets internal or external issues and recommends solutions/best practices.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Minimum of a BS degree in Engineering, Electrical, Electro-Mechanical preferred.
- At least 8 years related engineering experience with specific experience in cable/harness manufacturing and design.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD or other computer-aided design software application.
- Experience in Altium is preferred.
- Familiarity with SWIM (SolidWorks Integration Module) for Teamcenter preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of ISO standards and documentation.
- Experience in design, repair, and analysis of electronic systems Knowledge of various compliance standards like ROHS, and UL/CSA.
- Experience in performing internal product and process audits.
- Experience in electrical board repairs and building prototypes.
- Ability to write clearly about highly technical subject matter.
- Capacity to analyze a problem from multiple perspectives and explore creative solutions.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Client offers a competitive salary package that is dependent on qualifications and experience as well as a strong benefit package, plus participation in a companywide bonus plan. Interested candidates should submit current resume . For a faster response please include job title in subject line. Please note that all candidates applying must have proper US work authorization, client will NOT sponsor.
Are you looking for a place where people really enjoy coming to work? Leading Biotech/Engineering firm developing high tech biological products. Great place to work. The company is proud of its employee retention rate.