HPLC Chemist - Adrian, MI area
Our client is a contract testing and production lab that analyzes cannabis flower and cannabis products for a variety of different lab tests. Our team is looking for an Instrumentation Chemist to perform analytical testing on customer samples according to approved laboratory methods using proper analytical technique and advanced instrumentation.
- Perform analytical tests on advanced instrumentation following laboratory standard operating procedures and ensuring adherence to quality assurance and quality control requirements.
- Assess data compliance and validity using established quality assurance and quality control protocol to ensure that all work is performed and documented properly and in compliance with internal procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Use the laboratory’s Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) to report results obtained from various analyses.
- Perform validation, troubleshooting, and maintenance on new and existing advanced instrumentation.
- Provide training for the laboratory staff on analytical methods and instrumentation.
- Perform new method development and validation under the guidance of the Scientific Director.
- Assist the Scientific Director with project management and other direct analytical needs of the laboratory as needed.
- Work with Scientific Director prepare and review laboratory standard operating procedures (SOPs), forms, and other documentation related to chemical and instrumental analysis.
- Evaluate laboratory methods, processes, and instrumentation to identify areas of improvement and development.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year accredited college or university in the chemical, environmental, or biological sciences and at least four (4) years’ experience using advanced instrumentation such as HPLC, GCMS, LCMSMS, ICP-OES, and ICPMS.
- Experience working in a production lab is preferred.
- Ability to solve complex problems using scientific and quality-based troubleshooting techniques.
- Proficient in the operation and troubleshooting techniques of various types of advanced instrumentation such as HPLC, GCMS, LCMSMS, ICP-OES, and ICPMS.
- Ability to critically analyze and interpret data, including a chromatograph and mass spectrum.
- Strong understanding of quality control procedures necessary for validation of analytical data, keeping detailed and accurate records.
- Proficient with electronic applications including MS Word, MS Excel, etc.
- Troubleshooting problems with instrumentation
- Demonstrated knowledge of various analytical chemistry instrumentation, techniques, procedures, and QA/QC criteria used in an analytical and/or environmental laboratory.