Food Scientist-Product Developer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Food Scientist/Product Developer
Location: Pennsauken, NJ
Check out www.scientificsearch.com for all of our openings
Due to unprecedented growth our client a leader in providing Nutritional Food Products to
Health-conscious consumer, currently has approval to add to its Food Scientist/Product Development staff a
Summary: The ideal candidate will apply scientific principles in research, development, production, technology, quality control, packaging and processing of nutritionally designed foods and dietary supplements. Conducts basic nutrition research for the development of programs to support product utilization.
- Conducts bench top product development of nutritional food supplements, taking product from original concept to completion of manufacturing process.
- Researches and develops nutrition and product parameters for unique applications in new market places.
- Researches methods to support development of new product and program concepts.
- Evaluates raw materials and finished product contract manufacturers for product quality and process feasibility.
- Provides evaluation and recommendations for product improvements by addressing flavor, texture, nutritional value, convenience, composition and cost.
- Recommends specific ingredient, processes and packaging materials.
- Provides technical support to current customer base.
- Performs miscellaneous quality control duties.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as requested.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, OSAS (basic inquiry), Nutritionist IV software.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or Master's degree (M.A.) in Food Science, Nutrition or related field from four-year college or university and minimum of three years applied experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Client offers a competitive salary package that is dependent on qualifications and experience as well as a strong benefit package, plus participation in a companywide bonus plan. For immediate consideration and faster response please forward current resume to: email@example.com. Please include job #16353 in subject line. Please note that all candidates applying must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident. Client will NOT sponsor.
AddressMount Laurel, NJ
ManufacturingView all jobs at Scientific Search
Get fresh Remote JAVA Programmer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.