Director of Unified Communications
Scientific Search’s client has an immediate need for a Director of Unified Communications. This is a contract through December 2020 with a potential hire. This position is responsible for telecommunications and meeting (audio/visual) technologies and services. The Director leads efforts with voice, video, chat, web conferencing, and soft phone solutions, stay abreast of organizational business changes, solution upgrades, and technology trends. This role supports VoIP technologies at company headquarters and remote domestic/international offices along with secure meetings, broadcast presentations, and large-scale conferences. This position provides both tactical hands-on user support as well as long-term strategic direction for UC systems.
- Lead the efforts to forecast, plan, architect, implement, secure, and operate enterprise UC initiatives globally
- Manage telecommunications, audio & web conferencing, and automated meeting room technologiesFoster highly collaborative relationships with leaders and business partners to identify requirements, set priorities, and successfully drive the strategy of the applicable technologies
- Research and recommend new products by keeping abreast of future technologies that could benefit voice and meetings platforms and the customer experience
- Deploy a new VoIP solution for both domestic and international offices
- Deploy MS Teams with audio conferencing for the organization
- Advise staff on best practices for meetings along with assisting in the execution of their more complex requests
- Manage vendor performance to ensure vendor agreements are being met
- Provide real-time assistance to staff and troubleshoot efforts in an on-demand function
- Provide training and webinars to internal staff and external partners.
- Communicate proactively and effectively with staff and external partners
- Provide a high-level of Tier 1, 2 and 3 customer support
- Be available after-hours and on weekends to facilitate upgrades and maintenance as well as address emergency issues
- Must be proactive and action-oriented individual with a strong orientation toward customer service.
- Key success factors for this role include a strong team and collaborative focus, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non‐technical colleagues.
- Mixed Windows and Mac workstation environment.
Professional Experience / Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or related work experience
- Supervisory experience of at least 3+ years
- At least 7+ years of experience with VoIP and meeting technologies
- Experience with architecting, delivering, and troubleshooting UC related technologies such as telephony/voice mail, video streaming, video teleconferencing, enterprise web conferencing, Instant Messaging (IM), and Presence
- Experience with deployment, training, and ongoing management of VoIP technologies
- Extensive experience with VoIP solutions including Polycom equipment along with extensive web conferencing solutions, preferably MS Teams, Zoom and WebEx
- Experience supporting a variety of virtual events, including small secure collaboration meetings, large broadcasts and webinars, and large interactive events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to represent the team in briefings/presentations
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work under pressure to meet changing schedules and deadlines, to multi-task, to plan, organize and prioritize work assignments and pay close attention to detail
- Must be proficient in MS Office 365 Applications and Azure environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
For immediate consideration, send current resume to Will Corbin;
firstname.lastname@example.org & reference Job #14682
*Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident. Client will NOT sponsor*
Why Work Here?Since 1983, Scientific Search has been placing technical, management, and executive level professionals. We have been named one of the fastest growing, privately held companies in South Jersey by the Philadelphia Business Journal six times, and one of the prestigious Philadelphia 100 companies on four occasions. We are also a member of the nationally recognized Inc. 5000. We were recently recognized as one of the best places to work in NJ.
An incredible opportunity with a fast-paced, growing organization!