Director Engineering-Near Salem, NJ
Check out www.scientificsearch.com for all of our current openings
You will manage a Site Support Department, comprised of engineering, maintenance, and utilities and environmental in a chemical batch plant.
- -Is responsible for the evaluation and realization of all capital improvement projects ($2-$10 M/yr).
- -Ensures that maintenance work is organized in close collaboration with production in order to minimize down time and to maximize equipment reliability (shift from breakdown to preventive maintenance).
- -Ensures continuous supply of all utilities to production (purified water, steam, electricity, nitrogen, etc.)
- -Ensures that the waste water treatment plant maintains its operating conditions in support of the site.
- -Ensures the overall adherence to all applicable environmental regulations.
- -Develops departmental budget and cost controls and is responsible for meeting the agreed-upon budget.
- -Ensures the efficiency and continuous improvement of business processes pertaining to the department.
- -Ensures that personal and departmental moral, ethical, legal, and behavioral conduct is in compliance with the Siegfried Code of Conduct.
- -Participates as a member of the senior management team in the implementation of strategic directives.
- -Collaborates with the defining and structuring of strategic measures.
- -Participates in defining and controlling strategic measurements and cost management.
You will directly manages up to three Project Engineers, a Maintenance Manager, an IT Expert, a CAD Designer, Sr. Systems Control Engineer, an Engineering Support Specialist, an Environmental Manager and a Security Supervisor . You are responsible for staffing, training, and performance management of all direct and indirect reports.
- -An MS in Chemical Engineering or equivalent and 5-7 years of experience managing an engineering department in a pharmaceutical or chemical batch plant environment.
- -Experience in major project management is a must.
- -Knowledge of cGMP is a must.
- -Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- -Must be able to work efficiently with people of all levels and cultures.
- -Must be a team player.
- -Must be able to manage people and projects and prioritize appropriately.
- -Must have project management skills.
Why Work Here?Since 1983, Scientific Search has been placing technical, management, and executive level professionals. We have been named one of the fastest growing, privately held companies in South Jersey by the Philadelphia Business Journal six times, and one of the prestigious Philadelphia 100 companies on four occasions. We are also a member of the nationally recognized Inc. 5000. We were recently recognized as one of the best places to work in NJ.
An incredible opportunity with a fast-paced, growing organization!