Software Engineer - ATC
- Expired: December 26, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Scientific Drilling is looking for Software Engineer(s) to work at our Applied Technologies Center- Technology Park in San Luis Obispo, CA. Scientific Drilling is an independent directional drilling and wellbore navigation, surveying and logging Service Company serving customers worldwide. Our industry leading navigation systems provide definitive wellbore placement information, enabling safer and more efficient placement of tightly spaced wellbores throughout the world. We are motivated by crafting innovative and elegant solutions to technically challenging problems.
Nestled between San Francisco and Los Angeles, the California Central Coast is the location described as the happiest place on earth. Home to where others vacation, including 200+ wineries, fresh air, miles of beautiful beaches, and small town appeal.
The Software Engineer is expected to perform the essential duties listed below. Candidates must have authorization to work in the United States.
- Develop clear, concise, robust and maintainable designs, code and user interfaces to deliver business value to the end users.
- Develop unit and integration tests that can be used to adequately regression test the expectations and behaviors advertised or relied on by components of the software.
- Monitor overall development progress and work to mitigate issues.
- Clearly communicate issues and concerns with other team members including project stakeholders and team lead.
- Suggest improvements to processes, tools, and the products themselves.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, and improve its performance.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Obtain and analyze information to determine configuration and plan installation of new systems.
- Store, retrieve and manipulate data for analysis of system requirements, capabilities, performance and security.
- Document work procedures and results.
- Understand hardware/software.
- Adhere to and improve safety standards.
- Manage work station and practice good housekeeping techniques.
- Pursue every job with drive and determination.
- Use logic to solve problems with effective solutions.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the needs of the business.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design, development, test and production of products.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, physics and their applications.
- Knowledge of large systems software design.
- Strong debugging and optimization skills.
- Knowledge of graphical user interfaces, with extensive knowledge of Microsoft and Java technology stacks for rich client applications.
- Database and/or ORM design including SQL and query optimization.
- Ability to work in fast paced and results driven environment.
- Very strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to present oneself with professional appearance and behavior in accordance with ATC dress code and SDI Code of Conduct.
- Ability to meet all SDI/ATC safety requirements.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to read, communicate, and understand the English language.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers and peers, both written and verbally.
- Adhere to established Company procedures and policies, work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results.
- Ability to be a team player/builder.
- Must be tactful and able to resolve disputes between departments and settle personnel.
- Possess the ability to be interactive with management staff and co-workers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Solid foundation in computer science or software engineering, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design, multithreading, human computer interaction, requirements elicitation, specification development, and project management.
- Experience programming in C++ and/or C# and/or Java.
- Experience developing unit and integration tests or using a test driven development process preferred.
- Experience developing software with strong knowledge of C++, C++/CLI, C# and Java languages preferred.
- Experience configuring development tools, build systems, and developing software installers preferred.
- Experience developing distributed applications and network programming preferred.
- Coding skills in dynamically typed languages and other web technologies a plus.
Scientific Drilling Inc.
AddressPaso Robles, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Scientific Drilling Inc.
Get fresh Scientific Software Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.