What We Are Looking For and What You'll Do
NOTE: This is a Part-Time role, 25 hours per week, Monday through Friday with some flexibility in shift between hours of 9:00am - 4:00pm.
We are seeking an experienced Customer Service Representative who will dive right in and be an instrumental member of SDL. In this role, your essential function and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following activities:
- Clearly and efficiently answer telephone calls to assist customers (order placement, answer questions, research orders, process incoming marketing/sales calls)
- Process orders for material received by, email, mail, fax or telephone from customers
- Represent SDL to everyone in a manner that represents SDL culture
- Efficiently and pleasantly perform in an environment with frequent interruptions and distractions
- Proactively inform customer of current prices, shipping dates, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer
- Enter orders into the SAP sales order module – including: finding customer answers, processing exceptions, resolve discrepancies and some reporting from SAP
- Confer with production, sales, shipping, and/or warehouse personnel to provide accurate information and expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
- Support supervisor in resolution of customer complaints
- Assist supervisor in the suitable completion of all documentation necessary to guarantee compliance with all approved standard operating procedures
- Participate in general office duties: greet visitors at front desk, file paperwork, organize office supplies, mail letters and invoices, sort and distribute mail, etc.
- Special projects as assigned
You should have experience and education as follows:
- 2+ years of directly-related experience
- High School diploma or applicable customer service experience
- Some experience with a software package for order entry
- Language Skills: Ability to speak, read and write at a high level in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Have a personable phone manner and a positive outlook.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, and volume.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of or the ability to learn business software (e.g. SAP Business One) along with working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of software including Outlook
Are you being stifled or under-appreciated where you are now – come to where your ideas, skills and expertise will be fully supported and promoted. We’re making a difference here and having fun doing it. If you want in, apply asap!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SDL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
For more information or any questions, please contact Andy Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org