Sales and Licensing Engineer
Explore Scientific Design
A career at Scientific Design provides you with an opportunity to leave a lasting positive impact on the world and yourself. We offer a wide range of benefits and offerings that recognize that our people have unique motivations and ambitions. It’s all about matching what matters to you with what matters to us.
Scientific Design (SD) makes a global impact on people and their communities by delivering safe, reliable, and sustainable EO-based technologies. We are a Global Leader in the development, licensing, and catalyst supply of proprietary processes to produce Ethylene Oxide (EO), Ethylene Glycol (EO/EG), Bio-Ethylene, Bio-EO, Bio-EG, EO derivatives, Polyols, and Maleic Anhydride. The chemicals produced by these technologies are the building blocks for a multitude of consumer products that improve the lives and health of millions. In addition to these technologies, SD produces innovative proprietary catalysts and equipment to be used in our own industrial processes and those used by our clients.
Our Culture is based on four pillars – Safety, Innovation, Customer Focus, and a Great Place to Work. These are the foundation of our success. To learn more about these and how we deliver safe, reliable, and sustainable technologies for a better world, please click here.
Responsible for supporting Licensing and Sales activities of the Regional Managers within the Global Sales Department. Participate in the development of proposals, contracts, sales & marketing materials related to tactical and strategic sales objectives. Support internal Sales work process and standards with a focus on competitive analysis, value pricing, and management of customer relationships.
The position reports to the VP of Global Sales
Major Activities and Responsibilities
- Responsible for identifying and supporting commercial opportunities in all specified regions.
- Responsible for supporting Regional Manager(s) in all catalyst, licensing, digitalization, equipment, and resin sales activities (proposals, contracts, post-contract compliance, and general support).
- Support the development of annual business plans for specified regions along with execution strategy.
- Prepare and support the delivery of presentations to clients.
- Coordinate customer requirements with internal stakeholders (Product Manager, Legal, Engineering, Technical Services, R&D, Business Development Manager).
- Update SAP accordingly to ensure alignment with customer needs and production plans.
- Support review and update of sales tools (catalyst contract compliance checklists, quote analysis, work process standards, and procedures).
- Support maintenance of shared drives and filing structure.
- Help the sales team to develop, maintain, and update sales presentations including corporate overview, catalyst products, licensed technology, and geographic market focus (China, KSA, or other location).
- Provide input for catalyst and licensing sales forecast.
- Provide input for sales strategy and policy.
- Support in maintaining databases related to Sales, Market, and Customers.
- Support licensees meetings, technical exchange meetings, webinars, and publications.
- Support sales team in monthly reporting to SD senior management or other groups/meetings.
- Maintain market share graphs.
- Maintain records/file docs as required to comply with ISO 9000 / internal Quality Management Systems.
What Matters to Scientific Design
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in chemical engineering
- 5-10 years experience in the petrochemical engineering industry.
- Experience with performance catalysts in the petrochemical catalyst industry.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time, as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication and presentation skills
- Good analytical skills, business acumen, and ability to support technical-commercial activities.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Expert ability in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- You must be 18 years or older.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work for Scientific Design in the United States on a full-time basis.
Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this position. Applicants must be regularly available and willing to work during assigned hours of operation and such other hours as the company determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
We are proud to be a diverse and an equal-opportunity employer. We are fully committed to a culture of respect and inclusion.
Scientific Design Co., IncLittle Ferry, NJ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.