Software Engineer (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Science Systems and Applications, Inc (SSAI) is seeking a Software Engineer to join a growing team of cloud experts who help our National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and other public sector customers to use the latest cloud capabilities and technologies to support meaningful projects in Earth and environmental science research, engineering, and applications for societal benefit. The current opportunity and initial focus area is providing cloud migration support to the Level-1 and Atmosphere Archive and Distribution System (LAADS) Distributed Active Archive Center (DAAC), located at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland. Support areas will cover a broad array of Amazon Web Services (AWS) capabilities with a focus on developing, integrating, and testing new solutions as the LAADS DAAC migrates its extensive data holdings and services into NASA’s Earthdata Cloud. Successful candidates will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and be good at collaborating, innovating, and making things happen. They will also be curious learners who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to be ready for what’s next.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science and 4years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Four years' experience demonstrating a deep understanding of Linux environments (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, Amazon)
- Three years of experience with secure software development practices and concepts in Agile environment
- Knowledge in managing and using containers and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with DevOps CI/CD pipeline tools (GitLab, Bitbucket, Bamboo, etc.)
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases (Postgres, Elastic Search, AWS DynamoDB etc.)
- Experience with Representational State Transfer (REST), services, and tools (curl, postman, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residence
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud native patterns and micro-service architecture
- Experience with distributed, loosely coupled, and scalable architectures including severless architecture and frameworks
- Experience designing, developing, and debugging in cloud environments (AWS)
- Experience with the following AWS components: Lambda, ECS, Step Functions, DynamoDB, RDS, S3, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, Cloudwatch, API Gateway, Console, CLI
- Experience with cloud security including AWS IAM (policies, roles, etc.) and VPC concepts (security groups, subnets, etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Experience troubleshooting severless and container-oriented AWS Deployments (CloudWatch)
- AWS certification (Associate, Professional, and/ or Specialty)
- Knowledge of agile software development practices (Scrum, SAFE) and associated project management tools (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence)
EOE, including disability/vets
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to touch, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear and occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Science Systems & Applications
Get fresh Remote Senior Software Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!