IT Infrastructure Engineer (Linux Environment)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Science Systems and Applications, Inc. (SSAI) is seeking a Computer Scientist/Programmer with experience in data storage, clustered systems, and systems programming to support projects on the Hydrosphere, Biospheric and Geophysics (HBG) contract at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center.
The candidate will help support Earth science research at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center by implementing tools that help the discovery, management, and distribution of petabytes of satellite data. The candidate will also help with the work involved in managing a hybrid on-prem and cloud storage and processing environment. Other duties also include but are not limited to helping lead NASA’s improvements to system design and work on tool development, including virtual file systems and decentralized object storage.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or higher education in relevant field with 3 years of field experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- C, C++ software development
- Advanced level of working knowledge and experience in Python, Perl, PHP, and PostgreSQL
- Experience with RESTful programming (Mojolicious, Django, or Flask)
- Experience with shell scripting (Bash)
- GitHub/GitLab experience
- Experience with Linux (or Unix-based) operating systems
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of distributed storage systems (Ceph)
- Ability to work in a team environment, communicate effectively remotely, and deliver results on schedule
- Knowledge of the Linux kernel
- Knowledge in network programming
- Knowledge of resource schedulers (SLURM)
- Encryption and Security experience (Hashicorp Vault)
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS)
- Experience with monitoring tools (OpenSearch, Grafana, Prometheus)
- Experience with using and contributing to existing open source software
- Experience with DevOps practices
EOE, including disability/vets
Science Systems & Applications
TechnologyView all jobs at Science Systems & Applications