Facility and Maintenance Technician
- Expired: July 23, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Science Systems and Applications, Inc. (SSAI) is searching for a Facility and Maintenance Technician to support a busy facility located at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC). The Technician will be responsible for performing preventative and corrective maintenance on a wide range of semiconductor equipment and supporting facilities, in a multi-user cleanroom environment. This position will perform troubleshooting on electrical, mechanical, gas (asphyxiants, toxic, corrosive, and flammable), pneumatic, and cooling systems. The Technician will support the maintenance and fabrication team by meeting tool availability and quality objectives as well as by operating tools that handle semiconductor wafer processes. The Technician will support day-to-day activities that include walk-through punch lists, inspections as well as organizing and maintaining mechanical and lab support areas.
The Technician shall provide dedicated support to perform operations, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation work on the Code 553 owned assets/systems in support of Code 553 Labs and Clean Rooms during the following Core hours, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Labs, mechanical spaces, and cleanrooms.
Duties and responsibilities will include the following
- Support the daily tasks that keep the labs and building infrastructure running.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks.
- Maintain safety training.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Provide technical support for lab tools and infrastructure.
- Track and communicate activities and issues throughout the day.
- Install lab tool infrastructure to manufacturer requirements
- Be able to read and interpret electrical schematics, line diagrams and manufacturer manuals.
- Become familiar and perform repair of the HVAC systems, DI water system, plumbing, electronic and pneumatic controls, laboratory processing tools and vacuum systems.
- Comfortable working around electrical power, chemicals, pressurized gases, pressure vessels and rotating assemblies.
- Comfortable wearing and maintaining proper PPE.
- Tracking and communicating a critical inventory, specifically for chemicals
- Maintaining chemical waste stream
- A.S. degree in an engineering field of electrical, mechanical, or industrial technology and two or more years' experience in maintenance role in process automation or experience in one or more of the following industries:
- Semiconductor or material processing facility.
- Fabrication or packaging and test facility.
- A high-volume manufacturing facility.
- Must have experience with MS Office programs, including Office Suite and Teams.
- Hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in two or more of the following trades:
- HVAC service/installation.
- Automation or infrastructure related controls.
- Plumbing Service/ installation.
- Electrical Service/ installation.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to work in a team environment.
- Must have excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and self-motivation.
- Must have patience for on the job training.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Experience with AutoCAD or Solid Works (or other CAD system) is an asset.
- PLC (programmable logic controls) experience is an asset.
- Machine shop experience is an asset.
EOE, including disability/vets
Science Systems & Applications
Real EstateView all jobs at Science Systems & Applications