Chemical Microfabrication Engineer
- Expired: February 05, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Science Systems and Applications, Inc. (SSAI) is looking for a full-time chemical and microfabrication engineer with surface chemistry and microfabrication expertise on the Electrical Systems Engineering Services III (ESES III) contract at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) to help develop the next generation chemical sensors. GSFC has been developing high performing chemical sensors with a variety of nanomaterials, including graphene, carbon nanotube, molybdenum disulfide and others. The sensors are functionalized with various techniques to induce selectivity for target molecules. The candidate will be responsible for developing and executing a plan to perform functionalization using techniques including deposition methods and synthetic chemistry.
Specific duties for this position may include:
- Literature review to define compatible functionalization plan
- Electron beam evaporation of catalytic groups of interest
- Nanoparticle synthesis of catalytic groups of interest
- Low dimensional material suspension loading with catalytic group of interest
- Lithographic patterning of nanomaterials
- 4 pt. probe electrical characterization of sensor chips
- Atomic force microscopy (AFM) of nanomaterials
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) of nanomaterial chips
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, materials science, chemical engineering, or related fields with 3-5 years of experiences
- An understanding of surface science/chemistry and/or chemical catalysis
- Cleanroom based microfabrication experience
- Able to work in a team environment
- US citizen or permanent resident
- M.S. or Ph.D. in chemistry, materials science or related fields
- Nanoparticle synthesis
- Experience electrically and/or morphologically characterizing nanomaterials and nanomaterials-based devices
EOE, including disability/vets
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to touch, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear and occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Copyright © 2023, ADP, Inc. All rights reserved.
Science Systems & Applications
Get fresh Chemical Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.