Associate Application Developer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Science Systems and Applications Inc (SSAI) is seeking an Associate Application Developer for support to the Atmospheric Science Data Center (ASDC) at NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton, VA. The successful candidate will provide development support to an ASDC Agile team supporting ingest, archive, and distribution of Airborne Field Campaign data, to include, but not limited to Python, general scripting, develop unit tests, as well as maintain and produce software applications. The candidate will work closely with senior developers to develop software that support the ingest and distribution of scientific data. The candidate will assist in preparing project plans, reports, and documentation for software development efforts, as well as design presentations. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and able to work independently, as well as within groups, in a remote environment.
- BS degree in Computer Science or closely related field and minimum of 3 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with shell scripting.
- Experience with UX design, wireframes, etc.
- Git code management practices.
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle.
- Proficiency with reactive programming frameworks (vue.js, react.js, etc.).
- Capability to work both independently and with small teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a US citizen.
- SQL and relational database experience.
- Experience with Cloud technologies a plus (AWS/ Redhat Openshift preferred).
- Ability to research and implement emerging technologies.
SSAI is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EEO/AA-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
All employees of SSAI are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID 19, unless eligible for a religious or health exemption. New SSAI employees will need to be fully vaccinated prior to their start date. During onboarding, new hires must provide SSAI with a record that verifies vaccination status or a statement that you are scheduled to receive a vaccination (identifying the date by which you expect to meet vaccination requirements).
Science Systems & Applications
TechnologyView all jobs at Science Systems & Applications