The Medical Training Event Steward position is a great opportunity to network with physicians and representatives from the medical device and the biomedical engineering industry. Position has high level of exposure to surgical procedures and cutting edge research and development of medical devices. The duties of this job require a high degree of drive, determination and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results that meet these established standards of quality and accuracy. While the pace of the work is faster than average, quality and Science Care standards are never compromised. Job responsibilities require problem solving and ingenuity while working within approved organizational systems and technology. Candidates should possess and demonstrate the values of integrity, quality and caution when performing job duties.
This position encompasses a defined span of control and opportunity for someone who engenders trust, demonstrates a sense of urgency and assures consistent achievement of quality standards.
Medical Training Event Steward are primarily responsible for the handling, set-up, and packing of human specimens and supplies for Science Care educational and training events in various locations throughout the United States.
The majority of the work will be on Fridays and Saturdays.
The steward will also assist the faculty or training staff with various functions during the training activities and complete a variety of reports and forms related to the activity.
* BA/BS degree preferred or in pursuit of BA/BS degree.
* At least one or two years of working experience, preferably in a health-care related field or in medical device industry.
* Knowledge of human anatomy.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to communicate effectively with staff, clients, physicians and be a part of a team.
* Ability to travel typically within one week notice; typically by Air.
* Must have reliable transportation.
* Repeated heavy lifting may be required during the shift.
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
* Must be able to pass back ground security check.
* For part-time positions, hours are not guaranteed
Base Pay $15.00 - $18.00 /Hour
Other Pay $15.00 - $18.00/hour based on Experience and Education
Employment Type Part-Time
Job Type Biotech, Health Care, Nurse
Education Not Specified
Experience Not Specified
Manages Others Not Specified
Industry Biotechnology, Healthcare - Health Services, Funeral - Cemetery