Senior Systems Engineer
- Posted: 6 days ago
SciTec has an immediate opportunity for a talented Senior Systems Engineer to support our programs delivering Next-Generation Missile Warning software in Boulder, CO. This is a unique opportunity to join a small business delivering core capabilities for National defense. You will work within a fast-paced team delivering end-to-end software processing of Overhead Persistent InfraRed (OPIR) sensor data for Missile Warning, Missile Defense, Battlespace Awareness, and Technical Intelligence. SciTec seeks a candidate who will thrive in an environment where they can solve challenging engineering problems in support of critical national security objectives.
SciTec, Inc. is a dynamic small business with the mission to deliver advanced sensor processing technologies and scientific instrumentation capabilities in support of national security and defense applications. We support customers throughout the Department of Defense and U.S. Government in building innovative new tools to deliver unique, world-class data exploitation capabilities.
This role includes the following responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing systems engineering processes aligned with IEEE 15288.
- Performing requirements derivation, decomposition, and allocation
- Mentoring other SciTec staff in systems engineering processes and methodologies.
- Coordinating between program managers, software developers, and other members of the systems engineering team. Effective verbal and written communication skills are key for this role.
- Designing and modeling systems architectures for remote sensor data processing systems.
The following minimum qualifications are required for all applicants:
- A bachelor’s degree in physical sciences, mathematics, engineering, or computer science.
- Eight (8) years of professional experience in engineering, computer science, or remote sensing.
- Five (5) years of experience specifically in systems engineering.
Beyond these minimum qualifications, SciTec is actively seeking and will prefer candidates who have any combination of the following skills and qualifications:
- Domain experience with remote sensor systems or software architecture, especially experience with OPIR sensor processing.
- Experience supporting systems engineering programs in the defense and aerospace fields.
- Additional professional experience in systems engineering beyond five years.
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering. Familiarity with SysML or the Cameo/MagicDraw family of tools is a plus.
- Experience with Agile software development methods.
- Demonstrated experience in program management and project leadership. Familiarity with the Earned Value Management System is a plus.
- Graduate degrees or coursework in Systems Engineering or related fields.
- An active SECRET DoD security clearance or higher
As a small business, SciTec, Inc. offers room for growth and a flexible, fast-paced work environment. We work daily to develop one-of-a-kind solutions for challenging national problems. SciTec encourages collaboration across our offices in Boulder, El Segundo, Dayton, Huntsville, Virginia, and our headquarters in Princeton and provides access to opportunities across the corporate spectrum. Initiative is expected and encouraged, all employees have the opportunity and flexibility to broaden their technical horizons, and our daily work makes an impact on the world around us. SciTec offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance, parental leave, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with employer contribution, holidays and paid time off plans (including vacation and sick time), an annual profit-sharing plan, and an annual performance bonus plan. The salary range for this position is $131,000 to $175,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation. SciTec is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
TechnologyView all jobs at SciTec
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?