SciNeuroPharma Rockville, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SciNeuro Pharmaceuticals is a rapidly growing, CNS diseases focused company. We are committed to discovering and developing innovative new treatments to address serious CNS diseases and we believe passionately in elevating the standard of care for patients in need.
SciNeuro was established in 2019, and in December 2020 announced a significant series A financing ($100M) which positions the company very well for continued growth and pipeline advancement. SciNeuro’s lead investors include both Arch Ventures, and Lilly Asia Ventures. In April 2021, we announced a major strategic alliance with Eli Lilly & Co for an alpha-synuclein antibody program, which has significant potential for the treatment of Parkinson’s Disease and potentially other neurodegenerative diseases.
Internal R&D is the centerpiece of building a pipeline of innovative new medicines. SciNeuro has recently established a Discovery Research Center in Rockville, MD. It represents SciNeuro’s center of excellence for CNS diseases discovery and preclinical research, and will be the engine for discovery, and delivery, of SciNeuro’s early stage R&D pipeline. The Center is building expertise across several product modalities including small molecule, biologics, and RNA, as well as core platform technologies.
We are seeking a Senior Scientist to work on our drug discovery programs related to neurological disorders. The candidate leads and supports biologics, nucleic acid and/or small molecule drug discovery programs from hit identification through candidate selection and characterization. Successful candidate is able to independently design and execute various in vitro experiments, actively collaborate with both internal and external partners, innovate methods and concepts to support our neurology pipeline.
- Perform cutting-edge research in neurological disorders to support SciNeuro’s drug discovery programs
- Design and develop project plans, execute and troubleshoot multiple in vitro assays to identify and characterize lead compounds
- Review, analyze and interpret experimental results and present key findings
- Innovate novel methods and concepts that support neurological pipeline development
- Collaborate with both internal and external scientists in a variety of teams including CROs, translational medicine, medical sciences, and CMC.
Core Qualifications and Experience
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, pharmacology, immunology, neurobiology or related field with 6-9 years of relevant experience (including postdoctoral, fellowship training experience)
- or Master’s degree with 10+ years; or Bachelor’s degree with 15+ years of experience
- Subject Matter Expert in areas such as cell based-assay development, ELISA/other ligand binding assay, cell signaling/biochemistry, multi-color flow cytometry, genome editing methods, protein and chromatin biochemistry, in vivo mouse models of disease
- Demonstrated track record of independent critical thinking, creativity and scientific research achievement in the relevant areas as demonstrated by high impact publications and/or significant contributions to therapeutic program
- A team player who also have resilience and will be comfortable with complexity and ambiguity
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
Desired Additional Experience
- CNS related training or research experience is highly desirable
- Pharma / Biotech experience in the areas of biologics, nucleic acids and/or small molecules
- Extensive experience in a biotech start-up environment, including working with external partners
SciNeuroPharmaWhy Work Here?
SciNeuro has an innovative R&D Discovery Center that uses cutting-edge technology for drug discovery!
ScienceView all jobs at SciNeuroPharma