Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL)'s Human Resources Division is looking for a professional, detail-oriented, and customer service-minded individual for our Human Resources Intern position.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in the Recruiting function within Human Resources and be able to work part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers.
2. Coordinate with candidates and recruiters to schedule phone and in-person interviews.
3. Conduct employment references and ask appropriate follow-up questions to understand candidate's fit for the role and SEL.
4. Modify and update candidate data accurately.
5. Respond to applicant, candidate, employee, and/or community inquiries, concerns and needs.
6. Cross-train with other department members to ensure seamless support of all HR duties.
7. Manage confidential files and other privileged information.
8. Under close supervision, follow area processes and work instructions.
9. Understand. Create. Simplify.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Current student studying Human Resources or related field at an accredited institution
Proficient knowledge of MS Office
Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate discretion in handling sensitive information and data
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Experience with Human Resources Information Systems
Knowledge of HR employment laws and practices