Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a dedicated, detailed, and professional individual for our Architectural Drafter position. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your CAD drafting and 3D modeling skills in a collaborative environment, working closely with design, construction, and facilities maintenance groups, then this position is for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in preparing design layouts, commercial construction drawings, and technical specifications under the direction of the architect.
2. Develop and maintain an acceptable level of expertise in detailed design practices and building construction standards of SEL.
3. Complete assigned work and submit to architect within timelines and budgets and with a high level of quality.
4. Assist in review of construction documents and assume supervisory responsibilities as assigned.
5. Follow and improve applicable processes.
6. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Associate degree in CAD, Drafting or relevant discipline or possess equivalent experience for each academic year
Minimum of two years of preparing commercial construction documents
Demonstrate competency in AutoCAD Architecture and Revit, 2010 or newer.
Willing to travel up to 20% both nationally and internationally
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Architectural degree from an accredited program
Understanding of current building codes
Ability to create and maintain commercial construction drafting standards and digital detail libraries
Ability to create and maintain record document archive
Building modeling & rendering experience
Preparing mechanical and electrical construction documents under the supervision of an engineer
SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.