Maintenance Supervisor, Waukesha, Wisconsin
United States of America - Wisconsin, Waukesha
Seeking an experienced Maintenance Supervisor for our team of multi-skilled technicians in an Electrical Apparatus manufacturing facility in Waukesha, WI.
Working Am shift 7:30- 3:00 Monday thru Friday weekends off
Reporting to the Operations & Maintenance Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for technical support, direction, safety training, audits and quality control for facility and production maintenance employees in a fast-paced an industrial manufacturing environment.
The Supervisor completes maintenance operations to the satisfaction of the client, consistent with cost, schedule and contractual requirements. Plans, coordinates and supervises routine maintenance activities and special projects, and distributes workload to achieve productivity and quality objectives. Interfaces with the client to ensure customer satisfaction.
In addition, this position is responsible for all basic management responsibilities including, but not limited to: staffing and development, evaluation and recognition, leadership, and employee relations. Coordinates and monitors the purchase and maintenance of equipment and supplies. Ensures the safety and well-being of its employees, safeguarding company funds and property, and generally represents in the field with respect to the client.
- Safety & Compliance
- Provides leadership ensuring accident-free workplace. Walks the Talk.
- Ensures safety of employees and tenants of facilities
- Is knowledgeable of site safe work requirements and ensures work is performed in accordance with safety procedures
- Manages Site Compliance Calendar to ensure 100% compliance across areas of responsibility
- People & Communication
- Creates inclusive, high-performance work environment
- Maintains consistent communication with management on key issues, potential client issues, and approach to resolutions
- Establish and maintain effective two-way communications to understand the needs and concerns of employees; communicate employee attitudes and expectations to higher management; properly manage employee personal information.
- Maintains consistent communication with higher management on variety of personnel actions (e.g., employment, performance, disciplinary issues, scheduling and/or approving overtime)
- Identify and maintain accountability for company assets within assigned area and ensure employees understand their obligation to protect company assets.
- Demonstrates leadership by example and shows integrity and candor in all actions.
- Maintains sense of urgency about customer response and addressing issues
- May perform/assist in annual employee assessments and performance reviews
- Operational Excellence
- Under general supervision, oversees the day-to-day operations of a group of Production Maintenance employees.
- Responsible for training and development of subordinate staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, and meeting completion dates.
- Interprets and ensures consistent application of organizational polices.
- Reviews work as required to document specific needs (materials, supplies, instructions, etc).
- Works with or oversees subcontractor activities as directed by supervisor or work schedule.
- Ensures accurate employee time accounting in Maximo and Deltek systems.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Within our group provides facilities and production maintenance services for our clients’ industrial, manufacturing, distribution, pharmaceutical, and commercial sites worldwide.
- We run our own crews of Production Maintenance Techs, CNC Service Techs, Automation Techs, Industrial Electricians, Maintenance Mechanics, Industrial HVAC Techs, Logistics / Crib Management, Planner/ Schedulers, Supervisors and safety professionals inside our customers’ facilities to keep their infrastructure operating smoothly.
- These are full-time, regular positions with that offer competitive pay and a full benefits package, including
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- 3 weeks of accrued Paid Time Off per calendar year
- 401k plan with 3% company match
- Employee discounts
- And much more –
- And your benefits start the same day you do!
- Come join our team!
Minimum RequirementsHigh School graduate or demonstrated equivalent.
- Ten years of progressively responsible industrial facility or production maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other AECOM, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associate’s degree, industrial mechanical, industrial electrical, or a related skilled trade.
- Experience managing a multi-skilled work force to deliver positive results.
- Experience utilizing a CMMS, preferably Maximo.
- Experience creating metrics and data mining for driving performance results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites with emphasis on the ability to navigate and formulate within Excel and Access.
- General working knowledge of all production related equipment & systems in a manufacturing type facility.
- Basic electrical knowledge, sufficient to change motors, fuses, etc.
- Basic pneumatic and hydraulic systems knowledge.
- Basic conveyor repair and maintenance knowledge, including replacement of rollers, motors and mechanical equipment.
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
Other Attributes: Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year