Lab Aide - Financial District Pathology Lab
- $18 to $20 Hourly
Join the largest growing dermatology practice in the Northeast.Schweiger Dermatology Group (SDG) was founded to help make excellent dermatology care accessible to all. Schweiger Dermatology Group is always looking for outstanding talent for our team of professionals.
OUR MISSION: Deliver the Ultimate Patient Experience
At SDG, we also strive for the Ultimate Employee Experience :
- With over 90 office locations, find an opportunity near your home
- Positive work environment with the tools to need to do your job and grow
- Full time employees (30+ hours per week) are eligible for:
- Medical ( TeleHeath included) , HSA/FSA, Dental, Vision within 30 days of employment
- Company HSA contribution
- Eligible for 401K
- Your birthday is an additional personal holiday
- Company Paid Disability
- Pre-tax savings available for public transit commuters
- Part-time employees (less than 30 hours) - eligible for dental, vision, voluntary life & disability coverage on 1st of the month after date of hire and 401K as listed above
- Employee discounts on SDG skin care products & cosmetic services
Job Summary: The Dermapathology Lab Aide is responsible for assisting in the lab and helping with communications between the office and the lab staff. The LA's primary role is to help the team with quality control and operations of the lab, plus all related job duties as assigned. Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Summary of Essential Dermapathology Lab Aide Job Functions:
- Receive laboratory samples and check them for accuracy
- Ensure that the labels on the specimens coincide with the information provided in the associated file
- Check specimens for contamination before preparing them for tests
- Put specimens through various stages of analysis in order to acquire accurate information
- Verify patient information with 2 points of patient identity and enter into LIS system
- Prepare excess samples for storage or retesting
- Ensure that all analysis and preparation stages are documented properly
- Label prepared specimens in accordance to the information provided in the initial file and ensure that specimen bottles are stored with associated information files
- Manage data entry tasks associated with punching in patient specimen information in the lab database
- Ensure that each process of analysis and preparation is documented in accordance to the lab's documentation guidelines
- Handle hazardous waste management activities in accordance to preset policies and protocols
- Ensure proper storage of specimens in the storage area
- Document and report any issues that may have arisen during the preparation process
- Handle container management in a time-efficient manner
Education, Certification/Licensure, and/or Experience:
- Associates Science degree, BS degree, or related discipline in required.
- Required One year experience in a laboratory preferred, new graduates will be considered as well.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- Knowledge of all services, products, procedures, protocols and programs.
- Strong understanding of billing policies, HIPAA, CLIA and OSHA policies, lab protocols.
- Skill in exercising initiative, fair judgement, problem solving, and decision making.
- Displays an extremely positive reputation of Schweiger Dermatology Group brand.
- Encourages respective staff members to become positive representations of SD brand.
Hourly Pay Range
$18 - $20 USD
Schweiger Dermatology Group will strictly follow individual state guidelines regarding COVID-19 vaccination status. If you will be working in a state or jurisdiction with a vaccination status requirement, your start date is contingent upon receipt of vaccination status, or an approved exemption, if applicable.
Schweiger Dermatology Group, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its hiring process with applicants, whether internal or external, because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class per local, state or federal law.
Schweiger Dermatology GroupNew York, NY
HealthcareView All Schweiger Dermatology Group Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.