At Schwan's Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you're passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan's is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron, Tony's and Freschetta pizza, Mrs. Smith's and Edwards desserts, Pagoda Asian-style snacks and Schwan's home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
What you will get from us:
The Sr Project Engineer leverages prior experience on multiple, large-scale initiatives to execute highly complex capital projects within a specific platform or manufacturing site. The engineer leads the development of fully executable projects, provides project management services, and acts as technical resource from the conceptual phase though execution and commissioning. This role will align internal & external teams in supporting the Businesses annual capital plan.
- Provides project management services for assigned engineering projects
- Develops overall project design including line specification, project budgets, schedules, and prepares project justification and develops capital requests, including cash-flow forecast.
Coordinates external engineering services and partners with internal team as needed for successful project completion.
- Provides specifications, bid preparation, and bid solicitation to secure best pricing.
- Identifies and manages the capital and related expenses, optimum layout, equipment selection and timeline.
- Provides Global Supply Chain (GSC) feasibility perspectives for growth, productivity and infrastructure.
- Manages communications and project governance within GSC key stakeholders.
Fulfills requirements for the:
- Design phase (e.g. Risk analysis, design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), Sanitary design, Safety analysis)
- Implementation phase (e.g. Factory Acceptance Test (FAT), Site Acceptance Test (SAT))
- Start-up (e.g. Commissioning, Qualification and Verification (CQV) planning, Vertical Start-up (VSU) assessments) and successful handover to the plant
- Assists the corporate engineering team in the management of major cross-functional corporate capital projects.
- Provides technical expertise to support the manufacturing operations.
- Stays current with industry technologies and processes to provide best available technology solutions.
- Understands and incorporates standards for (EHS) environmental, human and food safety systems as they apply to processing systems.
- Applies technical knowledge and leadership to solve problems and drive improvements on processing systems.
- Partners with R&D, Quality, Operations, and Engineering/Maintenance on cost optimized solutions to drive to Zero Loss.
- Collaborates with R&D and business teams on tests, trials, and new products.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering (ABET accredited program preferred).
Years of Related Experience: 7 years, history of successful project management leadership on multi-unit operation projects ranging from $1MM to $10MM capital spend.
- Demonstrates project management leadership, problem-solving, decision making, trouble-shooting, communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with and influence diverse groups at various levels and across functions.
- Strong ability to involve operators and mechanics in the project process.
- Ability to train maintenance and production personnel as well as plan and execute work with maintenance and vendors.
- Knowledge of Lean Six-Sigma concepts is preferred.
- Ability to effectively use a CAD System as well as full understanding of drawing/drifting practices, utilize engineering standards of design, construction and installation.
- Must have advanced knowledge of processing, packaging & facility systems along with working knowledge of food manufacturing, engineering, quality, and research functions.
- Demonstrates compliance with USDA, FDA, OSHA, EPA, City and/or State agencies, etc. for both manufacturing processes and building requirements.
- Ability to travel 0 to 50% as required (dependent on location).
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.