- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, 401k, dental, life insurance,
Global Packaging / Manufacturing Company located in Lexington NC, is searching for an experienced for Maintenance Manager
The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for maintaining the quality and reliability of products and service in the plant
Main Duties & Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- ensuring that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated.
- maintaining and updating operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
- assisting with the recruiting and hiring of maintenance staff.
- strategically creating daily maintenance schedules to make sure that the maintenance dept. is fully staffed at all times.
- communicating directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- assisting with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions.
- conducting maintenance employee performance reviews to determine competency, knowledge, and qualifications.
- monitoring the operation of plant equipment and systems.
- reviewing the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- maintaining and repairing maintenance manufacturing equipment.
- tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment within SAP.
- preparing maintenance reports, analyzing maintenance data, and making recommendations for improvements.
- communicating regularly with all maintenance technicians, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues.
- initiating and carrying out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- tracking, analyzing, and improving key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- maintaining safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
- ensuring that city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times.
- directing, maintaining, and enforcing the safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance technicians.
- other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance manager experience at a fast-paced, high-volume producing, 24/7 manufacturing plant.
- At least 5 years of experience in electro-mechanical troubleshooting and repair of automated assembly and blow molding equipment.
- Technical Degrees/Certifications are strongly preferred.
- Strong electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic knowledge.
- Experience with industrial control circuits – control relays, motor starters, induction motors, transformers, fuses, disconnect switches, ladder logic, multi-meters, etc.
- Able to read and interpret hydraulic schematics, blue prints, mechanical and electrical diagrams.
- Proficiency with Word and Excel.
- SAP knowledge highly desired.
Schutz Container Systems, Inc.Why Work Here?
Great Benefits, Work-Life Balance, and Plenty of Room to Grow!
Schuetz Container Systems is a world-class leader in the manufacturing of industrial containers across multiple business lines. In addition, our sister company, Cardinal Container Systems, reconditions industrial packaging for use in a wide range of commercial applications. A vital part of this process involves the collection and return of used containers that can be reconditioned in our state of the art factories and reused by our diverse customer base.
210 Walser Road Lexington NCLexington, NC
Real EstateView all jobs at Schutz Container Systems, Inc.