Extrusion Maintenance Mechanic
8 hour shift
1st and 2nd shift available
Global packaging/manufacturing company located in Somerville, NJ is searching for experienced Extrusion Maintenance Mechanics in a manufacturing plant to troubleshoot, repair and maintain production equipment such as motors, conveyor systems, PLC Programs,Blow Mold Machines, Injection Mold Machines, Material Handling Equipment, AC/DC drives, Lighting Systems, Blending/Mixing Systems, Etc.
The job's responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Trouble shoot and repair equipment to optimize efficiency, down time, quality and safety
- Repair, replace and adjust electrical or mechanical parts in the machines and equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance on extrusion machines, molding machines and equipment
- New equipment installations and overhaul machines when deemed necessary
- Respond to maintenance issues from Operators, packers, quality assurance and plant supervision
- Train, instruct and mentor new hires or lower level maintenance staff
- Communicate issues encountered to management and maintenance staff
- Record all required maintenance activities in Lock-out/Tag-out book. Records must be accurate, detailed and timely
- Positive attitude
- Team oriented
- Good manual dexterity.
- Can stand for long periods of time.
- Can reach within hands and arms’ length, bend and stoop, walk, and stand consistently for long periods of time.
- Can lift up to 50 lbs.
- Can withstand manufacturing working conditions.
- Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
- MS Office Preferred
- 5S Knowledge Preferred
- Willing to work a rotating schedule
- 2 Year Degree or 3 Years of Industrial Maintenance Experience
- Can read and comprehend procedures written in English
- PLC knowledge
- Able to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment
- Sound problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
We offer excellent benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, paid holidays, paid vacation.
Schutz Container Systems, Inc.
Why Work Here?Schuetz Container Systems is a world-class leader in the manufacturing of industrial containers across multiple business lines. In addition, our sister company, Cardinal Container Systems, reconditions industrial packaging for use in a wide range of commercial applications. A vital part of this process involves the collection and return of used containers that can be reconditioned in our state of the art factories and reused by our diverse customer base.
Great Benefits, Work-Life Balance, and Plenty of Room to Grow!