The U.S Operations of Schunk Xycarb Technology is looking for an Automation Engineer.
Schunk Xycarb Technology is the one-stop leading global supplier of Silicon Carbide coated Graphite, Quartz-ware, Ceramic and Silicon consumable products and related technology services for the Microelectronics industry. Schunk Xycarb Technology produces high-tech process-chamber equipment parts for wafer production and processing, including dedicated customer engineering support. Our advanced solutions enable leading-edge manufacturing of next-generation Semiconductor, Optoelectronics, Solar and Silicon devices and applications. Schunk Xycarb Technology is a business group of the Schunk Group, with its global headquarters in Helmond, the Netherlands, and local representation at key locations world-wide. The headquarters for the Americas operations and the global Center of Excellence for Quartz design, production and reconditioning are located in Georgetown, Texas.
Within Operations, the Engineering department is responsible for:
- The availability of safe process/measurement equipment and installations for the mechanical (MBA) and Warm Quartz (WKA) production departments;
- Quartz process technology development – creating, documenting, refining, improving and extending the skills, technologies, processes and quality related to quartz and ceramic part fabrication.
- Monitoring of these equipment and installations;
- Supporting complex process issues;
- Developing new technologies, and continuous improvement of existing technology to improve efficiency and reliability of manufacturing processes.
The department consists of process and equipment engineers, which support operations and drive improvement projects. For improvement projects there is close cooperation with other departments (matrix organization). Xycarb has been growing rapidly, so specialization within the engineering department is needed. To support this expansion, we are looking for an Automation Engineer.
What are you going to do?
The Automation Engineer is a new role within the Engineering department. We are looking for an ambitious engineer who wants to take on this challenge in helping to shape this role, within an organization with unique manufacturing processes. These processes are currently based on mainly manual activities. The Automation Engineer is responsible for the development of the automation roadmap, and realization of this roadmap. The roadmap consists of mechanics/robotics/automation solutions for manufacturing processes. These solutions support the reduction of risks and cost, and the improvement of safety, ergonomics, and product quality.
Furthermore you will:
- Take a leading role in the transition of manual handling to (semi) automated manufacturing processes;
- Provide guidance and insight towards SXT in the context of developing sound automated systems;
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning sessions to provide leadership guidance on automation strategy and opportunities;
- Evaluate automation systems through cost analysis and capital expenditure requests to justify automation projects.
- Initiate and lead projects to realize robotics and automation solutions, execute these projects within scope, budget and time;
- Develop handling solutions across a range of manufacturing processes and realize these solutions with selected partners;
- Be actively involved with performance indicators such as: number of incidents, risk mitigation, OEE, MTBF;
- Support existing automated equipment solutions deployed throughout Operations by providing software and hardware troubleshooting;
- Create instruction and documentation for the use and maintenance of mechanical/robotics/automation solutions;
- Create guidelines for and collaborate with engineering and operations teams to set the bar for design for automation for product handling processes;
- Educate members of technology deployment and Operations on automation system architecture, usability, and functionality;
- Act as a liaison between manufacturing and supporting departments on factory integration activities;
- Hands on technical support for: troubleshooting equipment problems, tooling and fixture design, and mechanical processes, including support for process development, debugging, and equipment improvements on both existing equipment as well as new equipment / technology.
What will you bring?
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s in a technical field (e.g. mechatronics, equipment automation, robotics)
- Strong skills in electrical design and programming
- Strong mechanical design experience
- Experience required with commercial robot such as Universal robots, Fanuc, etc…
- Experience with system integration and programming of commercial robots
- Several years of relevant experience in project management
- Experience in coordinating multiple projects
- Good command of written and spoken English
- And of course, you ‘live’ the core competencies of Xycarb: Innovation, Collaboration and Customer & Service Orientation.
What do we offer?
- A high-tech environment with an ambitious worldwide market-leading company.
- An international organization, headquartered in Helmond, The Netherlands, with locations across the US, Europe and Asia.
- A dedicated, specialized team where collaboration is key. Our team is our strength!
- An open atmosphere in a professional, constructive working environment.
- The strategic benefits of working for a privately-held company with the global resources of the Schunk Group.
- A challenging position with an opportunity to direct your own success and that offers plenty of opportunities for development.
- An excellent benefit package to include health insurance benefits, retirement, paid holidays and paid time off as well as quarterly profit sharing bonuses.
Are you ready for your next career move?
For information about our organization, please visit www.schunk-xycarbtechnology.com.