Schultz Miller is a Seattle-based, premier builder of high-end, custom homes. Since 1981, we have collaborated with creative architects and designers on many of the finest homes in the area.
We are known for integrity, exceptional craftsmanship, and an unparalleled level of client service. The quality of our work and the strength of our reputation depend upon having great people. At the end of the day, our people are what set us apart.
We are currently looking for a project manager to join our team and contribute to our continued success.
Working for Schultz Miller means being part of a team of enthusiastic and highly skilled project leaders and craftspeople, a significant number of whom have been with Schultz Miller for more than 20 years. If you are a project manager who wants to challenge yourself on demanding projects, who wants to learn and grow, who enjoys teamwork, has a positive attitude, and takes pride in a job well done, then we’d like to hear from you.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the construction process for high-end new homes and extensive remodels, often in the multi-million-dollar range
- Facilitate positive and productive relationships between everyone on the project, including architects, designers, clients, consultants and subcontractors
- Communicate honestly, clearly, and regularly to ensure that everyone is on the same page and that clients remain in control of how their money is spent
- Interpret architectural plans and specifications, engage in value-engineering, work closely with architects and designers to ensure constructability
- Develop a project estimate, review competitive bids, select and manage subcontractors and suppliers
- Prepare and maintain the project schedule and budget, including forecasting, billing, and receivables
- Collaborate closely with the site superintendent to ensure the timely flow of information, materials, subcontractors, and work on site in a safe and efficient manner
- Lead weekly progress meetings with the architect, designer, client, superintendent, and others
- Engage in problem solving and collaborate with architects, designers, and subcontractors to resolve issues and keep the project on track
- Complete and close out projects of the highest quality that meet the expectations of the most demanding clients and help us generate future work
- Experience in residential project management
- A degree or certification in Construction Management, a plus
- Experience in cost estimating, budget tracking, project scheduling, and value engineering
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, engineering, and landscaping plans and specifications
- Ability to review, assess, and negotiate subcontracts
- A successful team leader with strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines on complex projects for demanding clients
- Comfortable interacting with architects, designers, clients, subcontractors, and building department personnel
- Ability to lead weekly progress meetings with architects, designers, clients, and others
- Good judgment, strong problem-solving skills, and ability to manage challenging situations effectively and diplomatically
- Established relationships with high-end local subcontractors and suppliers, a plus
- Proficiency in Excel; knowledge of Project and Bluebeam, a plus