- Posted: over a month ago
- $95,000 to $110,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
***Schultheis & Panettieri, LLP is NOT a staffing firm***
North Atlantic States Carpenters Benefit Funds, a large Multi-Employer Benefit Fund Office in the Greater Boston area, is in need of a Compliance Officer. The Compliance Officer’s primary purpose will be to monitor and verify compliance with; 1) various benefit plan provisions, 2) regulatory filings and notices; 3) established internal controls and policies; 4) service provider agreements, and 5) Trustee approvals.
He/she will be responsible for developing and administering an internal audit program which will include application of specific testing procedures designed to verify compliance. The Compliance Officer is expected to advise management of testing performed, noted findings and risks, and recommend improvements to existing controls, policies, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor due dates of required informational and tax filings.
- Monitor due dates of required participant notices.
- Understand Plan Policies and verify compliance.
- Understand established internal controls and verify compliance.
- Understand the Funds’ contractual obligations with service providers and verify compliance.
- Suggest new/improvements to existing policies, controls, and procedures.
- Develop internal audit program to randomly test compliance with filing requirements, plan provisions, service agreements, and established internal controls and procedures.
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to compliance program findings.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of the laws and regulatory guidelines by which NASCBF is required to comply.
- Provide quarterly reports to the Trustees detailing actions taken, testing performed, and related findings.
- Prepare reports for the Executive Director, Senior Management, and the Board of Trustees as warranted and appropriate.
- Ensure employees are educated on controls, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain files detailing tests performed and related findings.
- Other tasks/projects as requested by Executive Director and/or Board of Trustees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance/business management.
- 5-10 years of proven success in the employee benefit field.
- Previous audit experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Taft Hartley employee benefit plans and related regulatory/filing requirements.
- Track record of integrity and commitment to professional ethics.
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Exceptional organization, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong ability and desire to interact with various levels of administration in a non-controversial manner.
- Detailed understanding of Internal Control Environment and relative risk assessments.
At North Atlantic States Carpenters Benefit Funds we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes company-paid medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans. We also offer vacation, paid holidays, PTO and two retirement plans. At NASCBF, our employees enjoy a shorter workweek (37.5 hours), a good work-life balance and work that is always challenging. When you join us you will have the ability to make a difference!
Schultheis & Panettieri, LLPWhy Work Here?
Family friendly mid-size firm with flexible schedules, remote capabilities, and reasonable busy season requirements!
BusinessView all jobs at Schultheis & Panettieri, LLP