Controls Engineer - Industry 4.0
Schuler Inc. Canton, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
The Controls Engineer is a member of a team of electric and controls professionals. This role places a heavy emphasis on the development / enhancement and implementation of our digital suite of products which includes Schuler’s IioT solution for industrial presses. This enables our customers to monitor equipment conditions real-time on a smart phone or web browser. Service and supporting roles, as outlined below, are also an integral part of this position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Software design and development
- Responsible to collaborate with the system engineers in Germany to coordinate the implementation of additional machines to the Schuler Cloud.
- Responsible to support the sales team during the sales process of the digital suite of products.
- Responsible to collaborate with the system engineers in Germany to add functionality and improvements to the digital suite.
- Develop and maintain PLC equipment control interface to the digital suite, based on a variety of programmable controllers, such as Siemens S7F and TIA, Allen Bradley ControlLogix and others.
- Accountable for writing transparent code that is highly reusable, modular, and maintainable.
- Author technical documentation such as operator manuals and technical training handbooks.
Service and supporting roles
- Support the Field Service Group in preparation of installations and software updates.
- Assist onsite installation if required.
- Visit customers on occasional sales or project meetings.
- Perform as Project Manager on specific jobs based on assignment by the Service Engineering Manager.
- Prepare and facilitate technical training programs for internal and external customers.
- Interface with the customer as needed to resolve issues and technical concerns.
- Supports service and new machine sales with technical information when requested.
The descriptions as noted above cover the most significant duties as performed but do not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned. The inclusion of such work assignments would be in conformity with the general nature of this job.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science is preferred
Technical knowledge and experience:
- Experience in industrial control systems is a plus.
- Allen Bradley RSLogix 5, 500, Studio 5000
- Siemens S7, S7F, TIA Portal
- Experience with industrial networking such as PROFINET and EtherNet/IP
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office 2010
- Familiar with ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- Ability to travel, nationally and abroad.
- Speaks and writes in English with a high level of sophistication.
- Possesses excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills. Is able to convey messages easily and quickly.
- Able to facilitate discussions and give presentations with highly technical content. Presents clearly and informatively.
- German language skills are beneficial.
- Candidate should be self-driven.
This position reports to the Service Engineering Manager. Coordinates related activities with service sales, field service, purchasing and customers. There are no supervisory responsibilities assigned to this position.
Schuler Inc.Why Work Here?
Join a dynamic, modern, growing market leader!
ManufacturingView all jobs at Schuler Inc.