Position is responsible for the direct supervision of production employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that production staff is adhering to all applicable safety standards through training and accountability;
- Provides guidance, instruction, direction and leadership while directly supervising production staff to meet the established production and quality standards;
- Provides the team with the vision of the project objectives;
- Provides motivation and accountability to the team;
- Responsible for providing training to production staff as needed;
- Encourages constant improvement and leads by example; Wearing the proper safety equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervise 10- to 25 employees in various fabrication departments. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning and directing work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and at least three (3) years of directly related experience; completion of a closely related vocational training course though an accredited school may substitute for one (1) year of the required experience.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Language Skills:Read and interpret blueprints; Knowledge of welding and steel-working process; Understand safe and proper operation of common machinery in a steel fabrication environment; Ability to effectively communicate with employees, supervisors and other employees and/or officials of Company. Ability to read and interpret shop drawings, company correspondence, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals .
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None.
Desktop PC; Microsoft software applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Occasionally grips materials and tools using 10lbs of force; Frequently climb steps up to 18 inches in height; Occasionally performs repetitive postures such as standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, stooping and crawling; Occasionally works in area with confined access; Frequently utilizes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and focus adjustments; Frequently required to hear and communicate verbally.
AAP/EEO STATEMENT Schuff Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.