Schuff Steel (a subsidiary of DBM Global), the largest fabrication & erection company in the US, is looking to hire a Production Planning Engineer. This position offers high-visibility, growth opportunities, and exciting builds (previous clients include Apple, State Farm Stadium, and Facebook).
Our Employee Value Proposition
Critical to the needs of our Production Department, the Production Planning Engineer is essential in helping the organization develop and execute a plan to meet steel fabrication needs. This position is tasked with scheduling and progressing all steps required for steel fabrication through product delivery.
In return, Schuff Steel will offer a competitive market-based salary and comprehensive health insurance benefits. We are committed to professional development and growing our business. We are looking for a professional with a growth mindset who desires a progressive career move for a long-term period.
Key Performance Objectives (not an all-inclusive list of duties/expectations)
- General knowledge of fabrication and /or construction methods, processes, scheduling and coordination.
- Builds Fabrication Schedules for new projects.
- Maintains Fabrication Schedules based on progress of integral activities.
- Runs "What-if?" scenarios for fabrication assignments to various shops.
- Analyzes shop productivity and works with Plant Manager(s) to improve as needed.
- Coordinates with various departments and aligns Fab Schedules with other departmental scheduling tools.
- Advises on opportunities for productivity improvements.
- Utilizes manpower resource loading to forecast shop manpower needs.
- Facilitate and/ or participated in Project Meetings regarding schedule progress.
- Develop fabrication indicators to measure shop performance.
- Interfaces with Project Manager and necessary departments to assist in the scheduling of work and materials to and from sub-fabricators.
- Tracks, understands and reports on sub-fabricator's adherence to the project schedule.
- Works closely with Project Team in evaluating changes to the scope of work and impacts to the production schedule.
- Scheduling software such as Primavera (P6), Microsoft Project, and other similar scheduling tools required
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management is preferred. Additional years of experience can substitute for degree.
- Must have at least two (2) years of scheduling experience in steel fabrication and/or general construction
Schuff Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan
*Recruiters* - Resumes submitted without current/valid vendor agreement will become property of Schuff Steel. Any recruiting/staffing firm or agency wishing to do business with Schuff Steel must contact the Talent Acquisition Department at (602) 687-1699. Recruiting/staffing firms may NOT contact hiring managers directly. Firms that do not honor this request will be removed from consideration.