Heavy Machine Operator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Heavy Machine Operator (C)
Ottawa-Shop - Ottawa, KS
Skilled Labor - Trades
Employee Value Proposition
Working for a world-class leader in building structures and bridges, a Schuff Steel HMO-C brings his/her expertise and knowledge in fabrication to build some of the most complex and high-profile projects in the commercial building, bridge and industrial sectors. Critical to the field of forming material by operation of non-CNC machines and equipment such as Saw, Punch, Shear, Beam Splitter and Threader. Also assists HMO A’s and B’s with their equipment. The HMO-C utilizes a high degree of proficiency while utilizing full skills of the trade including knowledge and understanding of non-CNC equipment and machines To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
In return, the Company will offer competitive market-based compensation and comprehensive health insurance benefits. We are committed to professional development and growing our business. We are looking for a professional with a growth mindset who desires a progressive long-term career.
- Layout, read, interpret blueprints, shop drawings and other company documents.
- Operates heavy steel fabrication machinery according to company requirements.
- Load and unload equipment with material manually and through the use of an overhead crane or magnet.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance.
- Troubleshoot, properly mark and stamp materials.
- Perform daily cleaning of machines.
- Locate parts and supplies for machine operation and grind material.
- Keeps work area organized and clean.
- Transport material by a crane as needed and required.
- Must adhere to and follow all safety rules and PPE requirements
Education/Training - Work Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and/or 12 months experience; completion of a closely related vocational training course through an accredited school may substitute for the required experience
Specialized Knowledge – Certificates & Licenses
- Equipment Knowledge & Skills – includes the operation of non-CNC machines and equipment such as Saw, Punch, Shear, Beam Splitter and Threader. Also assists HMO A’s and B’s with their equipment. Overhead cranes and forklifts
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
ConstructionView all jobs at Schuff Steel