- Work directly with managers, partners and client executives/owners on all assignments.
- Perform attestation services on firm clients including financial statement audits, reviews, and compilations utilizing cloud-based engagement software.
- Assist in managing a diverse client portfolio over a wide range of industries.
- Perform accounting research to ensure client compliance with US GAAP.
- Prepare federal and multi-state tax returns for clients. Tax returns include C-Corps, S-Corps, Partnerships, and Individuals.
- Experience demonstrating the ability to research and analyze pertinent client, industry, and technical matters.
- Experience demonstrating strong problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to interact with various levels of client and firm management in both written and verbal form.
- A detailed understanding of internal controls and the internal and/or external audit process.
- A detailed understanding of the technical aspects of information systems, as well as an understanding of application controls, general controls and financial reporting concepts; the ability to prepare memoranda and/or reports that communicate research findings and recommendations concisely and effectively with an orientation toward business communication and grammar.
- Self-motivate and take responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Minimum 2-5 years of progressive audit experience in a medium to large public accounting firm or equivalent, Big 4 experience a plus.
- Active CPA license required.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in US GAAP, GAAS, and AICPA rules and standards. Affordable housing audit experience HUD/MSHDA – preferred.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
Travel Percentage: 20%