- Work directly with partners and client executives/owners on all assignments.
- Perform attestation services on firm clients including financial statement audits, reviews, and compilations utilizing cloud-based engagement software.
- Assist in managing a diverse client portfolio over a wide range of industries.
- Perform accounting research to ensure client compliance with US GAAP.
- Managing team members and overseeing attest engagements.
- Experience demonstrating the ability to research and analyze pertinent client, industry, and technical matters.
- Experience demonstrating strong problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to interact with various levels of client and firm management in both written and verbal form.
- A detailed understanding of internal controls and the internal and/or external audit process.
- A detailed understanding of the technical aspects of information systems, as well as an understanding of application controls, general controls and financial reporting concepts; the ability to prepare memoranda and/or reports that communicate research findings and recommendations concisely and effectively with an orientation toward business communication and grammar.
- Self-motivate and take responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Minimum 2-5 years of progressive audit experience in a medium to large public accounting firm or equivalent, Big 4 experience a plus.
- Active CPA license required.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in US GAAP, GAAS, and AICPA rules and standards. Affordable housing audit experience HUD/MSHDA – preferred.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
Travel Percentage: 20%
Schreiber Advisors PC
Why Work Here?Founded in 1993 by our Managing Partner Philip Schreiber, Schreiber Advisors, P.C. is a leading certified public accounting (CPA) firm located in Troy, Michigan. We help organizations and individuals create value by delivering quality in assurance, tax, consulting, advisory and wealth management services. We strive to meet each client's specific needs in planning for the future and achieving their goals in an ever-changing financial and regulatory environment. We consistently invest in and prioritize technology which enable us to serve our clients with highly scalable accounting and advisory solutions.
We are a firm that is growing both organically and by acquiring smaller CPA firms.