Manager of Supply Chain - (Food Manufacturing)
SchoolKidz Ontario, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Supply Chain Manager is responsible for leading all activities associated with demand and supply planning, inventory management and control, and physical logistics to include warehouse operations and transportation. In addition, the Supply Chain Manager will also provide oversight of co-manufacturers/co-packers. A key leader within the company’s cross-functional S&OP process.
Demand and Supply Planning
- Oversee the creation and on-going maintenance of a rolling 18-month consensus forecast, incorporating business intelligence gathered from Sales, Marketing, Finance, and other sources.
- Manage activities that convert the demand plan into a 12-month rolling supply plan for longer-term production and physical logistics capacity planning.
- Ensure an accurate finite schedule is maintained in order to balance customer demand with operational efficiency.
- Assist with implementation of MRP module in ERP system.
Inventory Management and Control
- Responsible for overall inventory management, including DOH, aging, and expired material.
- Establish and lead an auditable inventory narrative that incorporates a cycle count program for finished goods, raw and packaging materials. Manage results in order to reduce waste and improve operating efficiency.
- Lead barcoding implementation project.
Internal and 3rd Party Warehouse Operations
- Ensure warehouse operations consistently meet safety and quality requirements.
- Establish and enforce warehouse practices and protocols to maximize productivity and minimize waste.
- Ensure the FIFO program is followed.
- Manage all aspects of transportation planning – including 3rd party freight and private fleet, to meet delivery requirements.
- Continuously assess freight costs and options, including routing, shipping modes, mix, etc., to achieve the lowest delivered cost.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems and processes, such as customer sales and order management.
- Forecast accuracy and bias
- Days on hand/working capital
- Case fill rate
- Fixed and variable distribution costs
- Inventory accuracy
- Bad Goods / Damage
- Receiving timeliness and accuracy
- Bachelors' degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of managerial experience in food manufacturing, or other highly regulated industries.
- In-depth knowledge of the S&OP process.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that can pivot from an operational setting to a corporate, executive review.
- Advanced analytical abilities and computer skills with experience in ERP systems. Down-stream system experience in MRP, WMS, and/or TMS strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of warehouse layout and design, optimal product flow, and inventory control.
- A highly motivated leader that engages the team to challenge processes for continuous improvement.
- Team-oriented, with excellent people and customer service skills.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
This job description does not list all the job duties of this position. The duties listed are subject to change based on business and/or management needs. Management reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible spending account, Long Term Disability & Life Insurance.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holiday Pay
Paid Bereavement Leave
401(k) Retirement Plan
Supportive Work Environment
Ongoing training and opportunities for career advancement and development
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Supply Chain Experience: 5 years (Required)
- ERP systems: 5 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoy doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High-stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place