School of Rock West University Place is looking for musicians that can teach keys, vocals, guitar, bass and/or drums. We are a premier performance-based music school with a strong recognized brand and partnerships with the biggest names in the music industry. Our mission is to enrich lives through performance-based music education.
As a School of Rock Music Instructor, you will teach students music ranging from AC/DC to Frank Zappa. You will create a cool environment and ensure that each School of Rock student has a safe and exceptional musical journey. You will embody rock in a positive way and will be responsible for creating an awesome student experience.
In turn we will find students for you to teach, provide a curriculum through our patent-applied-for School of Rock Method in our brand-new state-of-the-art music school located in the heart of West University.
This is an exciting time to become part of the School of Rock family.
- Be able to teach one-on-one, in groups, and as a band
- Make sure that students are learning the fundamentals of music
- Create and document thoughtful and exciting lesson plans
- Communicate regularly with parents on progress of students after lessons
- Interact with parents and students regularly by being visible and accessible in the school
- Pitch in during canceled lessons in the overall execution of the program
- Assist in rehearsals and basic maintenance in school
- Ideal candidate is a working musician who also has formal music school training and can play more than one of teach keys, vocals, guitar, bass and/or drums
- Knowledge of music theory and curriculum design
- Excellent ability to deal well with a wide range of people
- Great organizational skills
- Resourceful and good problem-solver
- Work well under pressure
- Enthusiastic, flexible, patient, and positive attitude
- Good judgment
- Passion for teaching
It is the policy of the School of Rock to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. School of Rock complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. School of Rock expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of School of Rock's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.