School of Rock Santa Rosa is looking for an exceptional Vocals Instructor to join our team of passionate teaching musicians. The ability to teach other instruments (keys, guitar, bass, or drums) is a plus. Ideally this candidate will also lead our Little Wing preschooler classes.
School of Rock is the original performance-based music school founded in 1998 in Philadelphia. With over 30,000 enrolled students and a strong internationally recognized brand, School of Rock is the largest after-school music education provider in the Americas. The School of Rock instructor creates a safe and cool environment for students to achieve their musical and creative potential, guiding them through an exceptional journey, on stage and in life.
School of Rock Santa Rosa is a haven for aspiring musicians embracing a variety of genres, songwriting, and performing. We believe live performance is the most fun and effective way to teach and we produce shows three times per year. Lessons are tailored to all age groups and levels of proficiency, and our instructors are key in creating a legacy by helping students succeed in music and beyond.
Because music is more than a solo act we teach both kids and adults to play as part of a team. This promotes accountability, speeds up the learning process, and fosters creative collaboration. Students are not only learning an instrument, they’re making friends, building confidence, and becoming better people who will mentor those that come after them.
- You teach passionately and demonstrate excellent vocal skills.
- Working/gigging musician with formal music training.
- Solid knowledge of music theory and technique.
- Thrives on collaboration
- 4+ years’ experience teaching and/or performing music professionally.
- Excited to work with kids aged 8-18 as well as adults.
- You ooze enthusiasm, inspiration, and patience.
- Excellent people skills dealing with a wide variety of ages and personality types.
- Team-player - you’ll cheerfully jump in and help.
- You want to add to our tribe by following School of Rock’s mission that we “Play to Learn”.
- You have sound judgement, are detail oriented, flexible, and very reliable.
- Maximize the quality of music instruction, while adapting to the individual student.
- Be sure the students are learning the fundamentals of music, not just songs.
- Communicate regularly with parents on the progress of students after lessons and document as required.
- Interact with parents and students regularly by being visible and accessible in the school.
- Pitch in around the school when not actively teaching.
- Share you love and knowledge of music.
- Have fun!
It is the policy of School of Rock to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. School of Rock complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. School of Rock expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of School of Rock's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.