General Manager - School of Rock
- $40,000 Yearly
School of Rock is the original performance-based interactive music school founded in 1998. With over 300 schools and a strong internationally-recognized brand, School of Rock is the largest after-school music education provider. Our mission is to help kids rock both on and off the stage!
We currently have Iowa schools operating in West Des Moines and Cedar Rapids/Marion. We're now excited to be opening our newest Iowa location in Ankeny with a target opening date of August 2023. We are now recruiting for a General Manager to lead this new school. The ideal candidate will start in July/August 2023.
The General Manager runs the show from AC-DC to Zappa creating a safe and cool environment for students to achieve their musical and creative potential. We want as many kids as possible to have the opportunity to experience the magic that is School of Rock. Our GM will bring that commitment to life working with every part of the school's community to put on epic shows through which our students learn music and life skills. The GM is the primary owner of the relationship with our students and parents.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Providing exceptional music education experience for students delivering strong engagement with each child and maximizing student enrollment.
- Provide top quality customer service experience, including billing, schedule management, and communication.
- Manage the Music Director to help them deliver an excellent music education program including the recruitment of exceptional music teachers and identifying awesome music venues.
- Oversee successful show production and management providing students with inspirational performance opportunities.
- Deliver results through management of educational KPI's and discipline around business KPI's.
- Manage the marketing, sales, and promotions to drive school and student success.
- Manage staff and school facility to provide a safe, cool, and appropriate experience for all students.
- Financial management of the school including but not limited to analyzing results, tracking budgets, and managing labor costs.
- The GM reports to the Owner of the school.
- 3+ years experience in Marketing, Sales, and/or Customer Service environment.
- Excellent customer service and relationship skills.
- Strong experience recruiting and managing staff.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Collaborator who works well across diverse populations.
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and leadership skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Experience and interest in working with children.
- Passion and/or interest in music and the arts is highly desirable.
- Applicants possessing the above skills and are also musicians or have played musical instruments are highly desirable. Music background, however, is not a requirement.
School of Rock - IowaAnkeny, IA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.