School of Rock is the original performance-based, interactive music school founded in 1998 in Philadelphia. With over 270 schools, and a strong internationally recognized brand, School of Rock is the largest after-school music education provider. Our mission is to help kids rock their worlds.
The School of Rock Music Instructor teaches students from ACDC to Zappa. The Instructor creates a safe and cool environment for students to achieve their musical and creative potential and ensures that each School of Rock student has an exceptional musical journey.
In support of that goal, the Instructor is responsible for all music and education-related elements within the lessons. The Instructor creates a dynamic lesson experience to ensure their students are challenged and inspired. The Instructor embodies rock and roll in a positive way and is responsible for creating a valuable student lesson experience.
We teach five core areas at School of Rock - keys, vocals, guitar, bass and drums. Many of our instructors have broader musical talent as well which we do our best to engage.
For a Rookies and Little Wing Instructor, having early childhood education experience is a definite plus.
- Maximize the quality of music instruction including private lessons and shows
- Be sure the students are learning the fundamentals of music, not just songs
- Create and document thoughtful lesson plans
- Communicate regularly with parents on progress of students after lessons
- Interact with parents and students regularly by being visible and accessible in the school
- Pitch in during canceled lessons in the overall execution of the program
- Assist in rehearsals and basic maintenance in school
- Adheres to the SOR Code of Conduct, safety policies, including the Monitoring and Supervision policy.
- 4 + years’ experience teaching and/or performing music professionally
- Knowledge of music theory and curriculum design
- Excellent ability to deal well with a wide range of customers and other people
- Strong organizational skills
- Very strong customer relations skills
- Resourceful and good problem-solver
- Works well under pressure
- Ideal candidate is a working musician who also has formal music school training
- Enthusiastic, flexible, patient, and positive demeanor
- Good judgment a must
- Passion for teaching
School of Rock Fort Collins
Why Work Here?School of Rock is the original performance-based, interactive music school founded in 1998 in Philadelphia. With over 270 schools, and a strong internationally recognized brand, School of Rock is the largest after-school music education provider.
Our mission is to help kids rock their worlds.
Fort Collins, CO