Web Designer II
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
People Passion Purpose
Everything School Specialty offers is designed for one purpose – to help students succeed. We believe every student can flourish in an environment where they feel safe and inspired to explore and grow.
We’re determined to positively impact the future, one child at a time. We need to talk if you share our passion:
Transforming more than classrooms.®
School Specialty offers Medical, Dental, & Vision plans (Effective Day 1), Wellness programs, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401 (k), PTO, Promise Hours dedicated to volunteering, Education Reimbursement, Paid Holidays, Fall & Winter Flexible Hours, Employee Discounts and much more!
Web Designer II
The Web Designer is responsible for the look and feel of World Wide Web pages for the Educational Resources division. Working closely with the marketing and merchandising organizations, the Web Designer will develop and maintain a graphic look that effectively communicates the ideas being promoted by the Web site. The Web Designer must collect the text documents and images that will appear on the page and convert them into a form in which they can be viewed. A high degree of knowledge in computer graphics packages and mastery of computer languages used to create web pages is required.
The base salary range for this role is $50,000-$60,000
Summary of Primary Responsibilities
- Execute the visual marketing strategies and tactics required to effectively market Educational Resource’s products and services to educational markets via the Web.
- Add special features to web pages such as animations, interactive surveys, clickable e-mail surveys, and the ability to download files. Additionally, be familiar with issues of browser and server compatibility and create web pages that work with a wide range of hardware and software.
- Be able to work well under the pressure of tight deadlines and changing demands, as Web sites are constantly updated to remain current and fresh. Constantly develop new ideas and respond quickly to changing strategies and corporate initiatives.
- Stay abreast of new developments in graphics software packages as well as those in the World Wide Web and related technologies.
- Perform other duties as assign.
- Bachelor’s degree in web design and graphic arts
- 5 years of web design experience, working knowledge of the catalog/direct marketing industry helpful.
- Highly proficient in using creative computer software packages such as Dreamweaver, Flash, Adobe CS, XML-based applications and programming, XHTML programming, and other web development languages and technologies.
- High level of skill in creative idea generation from a graphic arts perspective.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and flourish under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to adhere to budgets.
- Ability to work independently, requiring little supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and follow-through abilities.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty, LLC. is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Opportunities@SchoolSpecialty.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
School Specialty, LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at School Specialty, LLC