Help create digital curriculum assets, assessments, and online courses for K-12 education and adult professional development, which engage and inspire learners across the country
This 6 month contract position will be closely aligned with our curriculum editorial and professional development teams, managing projects to build out new courses and course content for several major product lines across science, English language arts, and math. Must have a solid understanding of data structure, content management systems, and editorial processes.
- Load content and metadata for curriculum learning objects such as PDFs, PPTs, images, reading passages, videos, multimedia interactives, eBooks, HTML into our Learning Management System
- Author consistent assessment items based on material from editorial including questions, responses, answers, feedback option, and metadata
- Work with editorial on content continuous improvement to enhance the user experience and increase adoption rates
- Continuously optimize curriculum content to ensure all metadata is consistent and accurate
- Author and edit self-help articles for the end user knowledge base
- Work with other team members to ensure deadlines are met
- Manage daily requests for emergency learning object updates
- Prioritize large content loading projects under guidance from the Sr. Digital Content Specialist
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- High level of comfort with technology and ability to pick up new software quickly
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS preferred
- Experience with print or digital curriculum and content management systems preferred
- Technical writing skills for authoring self-help support articles preferred
- Ability to work effectively with team members in remote locations
- Ability to follow standard work processes and content standards
At School Specialty, safety is every employee’s first responsibility. We expect our employees to adhere to all safety practices, have the moral courage to stop other individuals from performing unsafe acts, and immediately report unsafe conditions.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Opportunities@SchoolSpecialty.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
School Specialty, LLC