Social Media Marketing Manager - Are you ready to make a difference?
School Specialty is dedicated to changing education for the better. That means working closely with educators, sharing experience, and traveling into unchartered territories together. - Are you ready to join us on the journey?
Do you tweet, share, and post to social media in your sleep? Do you know what it takes to grow an online community? We are seeking a Social Media Marketing Manager to manage our social media accounts. You should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and be an excellent communicator.
The Social Media Marketing Manager’s role is to lead the School Specialty, Inc. (SSI) social media strategy, execution and optimization efforts. They are a key pillar of the Digital Marketing team. Responsible for developing the SSI enterprise social media strategy, including organic and paid social, as well as online communities.
As a Social Media Marketing leader, this role is responsible to develop innovative social media programming that fosters a deep sense brand engagement while driving incremental revenue opportunities while commanding best practices and social media trends. Display creativity while collaborating with designers and copywriters. Adept at using data to guide strategy and measure performance. This position will share accountability for social channel revenue performance and marketing expense management.
- Lead the annual planning process for social media to drive revenue, engagement and organization initiatives.
- Develop and evolve the social media road map based on historical data, best practices and latest industry trends.
- Build and manage the Company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Manage and optimize our paid advertising strategy across social media channels.
- Be a thought-leader to drive innovative uses of the social media channel to build brand awareness and revenue growth.
- Develop a comprehensive content plan in alignment with marketing campaigns, social media schedules and blog posts.
- Lead the planning, creative development process and execution of social media content across multiple platforms.
- Deploy shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content, aligned with campaign goals and audiences.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) and regularly report results along with optimization recommendations for improved performance. Maintain a performance-based approach, using analytics tools, keeping a pulse on the various audiences and their content consumption patterns and understand how to measure success.
- Facilitate the creation of content via writers, photographers and videographers.
- Assist with other projects as necessary or as directed.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or similar discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of social media marketing work experience desired.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Opportunities@SchoolSpecialty.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.