Are you ready to make a difference?
School Specialty is dedicated to changing education for the better. That means working closely with educators, sharing experience, and traveling into unchartered territories together. - Are you ready to join us on the journey?
Drives revenue by increasing SSI market share and penetration within a geographic territory. Works primarily via the phone generating new business, as well as maintaining re-order business. Provides consultative and collaborative approach to understand customer environment and competitive forces to consistently execute on the strategy and exceed customer expectations while gaining market penetration. This position is based out of our Greenville, WI Office.
- Effectively utilizes an outbound sales process including, needs-based consultative selling to aid customers in achieving business goals through the use of School Specialty products.
- Develops multi-level relationships with accounts to promote, market, and sell School Specialty brands to existing and potential customers within assigned territory.
- Effectively use SalesForce.com to manage time and resources to provide updated information, competitive intelligence, and market trends with our customers
- Drives and creates a positive, collaborative team selling environment by developing a deep customer understanding of needs and leveraging internal departments to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Works with aligned sales team including TSM, Category Sales Managers, Vendors, ISR’s and other resources to drive opportunities for 21st Century Safe School
- Ability to overcome objections and effectively deal with customer rejection.
- Responsible for responding to customer inquiries in a timely manner and following up on all sales leads.
- Drives continued growth by moving customers to our online order-entry platform.
- Work directly with customer to assess, describe solutions, define products and create quotes.
- Responsible for input to sales, profit forecasting overall sales, marketing plans, self-study of products and applications
- Attendance required at sales meetings as well as National and Regional conferences and trade shows
- Conducts Business Reviews as required
- Services all customers, internal and external, in a professional manner.
- Exercises care within work environment to prevent injuries.
- Support and follow all company safety policies and procedures
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field preferred; years of relevant experience considered in lieu of degree.
- 4 + years of sales experience (Inside/Field sales preferred).
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Possess a high level of professionalism, ethics, confidence and a commitment to a team approach.
- Engaging and goal oriented personality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to conduct presentations.
5% as required for trade shows and national sales meeting
At School Specialty Inc., Safety is every employee’s first responsibility. We expect our employees to adhere to all safety practices, have the moral courage to stop other individuals from performing unsafe acts, and immediately report unsafe conditions.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Opportunities@SchoolSpecialty.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.