Are you ready to make a difference?
School Specialty is dedicated to changing education for the better. That means working closely with educators, sharing experience, and traveling into unchartered territories together. - Are you ready to join us on the journey?
Inside Sales position that drives revenue by increasing SSI market share for a strategic product category within a geographic region. Works primarily via the phone generating new business and assisting other team members to drive opportunities. Works on campaigns and specific markets in collaboration with Marketing and other departments in the organization to drive strategy within a focused category and increase incremental revenue. This position reports to the Inside Sales Supervisor, and is based out of our Greenville, WI office.
- Effectively utilizes an outbound sales process including, needs-based consultative selling to uncover opportunities based on a strategic product category. Provide solutions of School Specialty products & services.
- Develop relationships in a Team Sell environment, with accounts in an assigned region, to promote, market, and sell category-focused School Specialty brands.
- Effectively use SalesForce.com to manage time and resources to provide updated information, competitive intelligence, and market trends with our customers.
- Works with aligned sales team including Corporate Inside Sales Reps, Corporate Account Associates, Category Sales Managers, Vendors, and other resources to drive opportunities.
- Ability to overcome objections and effectively deal with customer rejection.
- Responsible for responding to customer inquiries, in a timely manner and following up on all sales leads.
- If an opportunity is identified for another strategic product category, takes appropriate action to forward the lead.
- Work directly with customer to assess, describe solutions, define products and create quotes
- Attendance required at sales meetings as well as National and Regional conferences and trade shows.
- Services all customers, internal and external, in a professional manner.
- Exercises care within work environment to prevent injuries.
- Support and follow all company safety policies and procedures
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field preferred; years of relevant experience considered in lieu of degree.
- External: 2 + years of sales experience (Inside sales preferred) or a minimum of 18 months of SSI internal experience.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Possess a high level of professionalism, ethics, confidence and a commitment to a team approach.
- Engaging and goal oriented personality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to conduct presentations.
5% as required for trade shows and national sales meeting
At School Specialty Inc., Safety is every employee’s first responsibility. We expect our employees to adhere to all safety practices, have the moral courage to stop other individuals from performing unsafe acts, and immediately report unsafe conditions.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Opportunities@SchoolSpecialty.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.