The International Office for the School Sisters of St. Francis in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, a Catholic Women Religious Community, and non-profit organization is looking for a Dishwasher/Utility Aide to drive maintenance of kitchen work areas, stock, equipment and utensils.
- Understand and ensure adherence to Department and Campus policies and procedures.
- Ensure all areas of the kitchen are maintained, kept clean and organized.
- Checking in and storage of stock in appropriate locations while adhering to food safety guidelines.
- Assist cafe with food service.
- Assist with inventory and food prep, as needed.
- Cleaning dishes and returning them to proper locations.
- Assist Food Services Supervisor with special events.
- Conduct routine kitchen and dining room rounds to assure cleanliness.
- Ensures effective sanitation and infection control practices and techniques are followed.
- Communicate with confidence and clarity and can relate to other professions and diverse types of people.
- Ensure department equipment is maintained and is in safe working condition, report any service issues to Kitchen Manager in a timely fashion.
Qualifications and Skills
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two years’ experience in quantity food production/service (or equivalent experience) is preferred.
- Basic computer skills and POS experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
This is a full time, 40-hour per week, benefit eligible position that includes Health/Dental/Vision insurance, company paid Short-term & Long-term Disability, life insurance and 403(b) employer contribution and paid vacation/holiday time.
About School Sisters of St. Francis
We are an international community of Catholic sisters who unite with others to build a just and peaceful world. Founded in 1874 and based in Milwaukee, we now have sisters, associates, donors and volunteers actively working to address the needs of those who are poor and marginalized by society. Our mission is thriving throughout the United States, Europe, Latin America and India. Visit our website at www.sssf.org.