Human Resources U.S Province Job Posting
The U.S. Province Office for the School Sisters of St. Francis in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, a Catholic Women’s Religious Community, and non-profit organization is looking for Certified Nursing Assistants.
The CNA’s will provide care to the Sister residents at Sacred-Heart. The CNA’s will work within a team structure with all members of nursing providing nursing related duties that directly affect the overall care of the Sisters served. This position will have the ability to relate effectively and sensitively to frail and cognitively impaired elders and an ability to establish a helping, trusting relationship with the Sisters.
• Endorse the Philosophy and Mission of the School Sisters of St. Francis and the philosophy of Care of the
• Demonstrates a willingness to participate in activities to improve department performance.
•Takes responsibility to ensure the highest possible satisfaction of the Sisters, coworkers and guests.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude when working with challenging situations.
• Communicates effectively with SSSF coworkers as well as with Community Care staff regarding Sister needs.
• Handles conflict positively, seeks guidance when needed.
• Communicates concerns to the appropriate person with the focus on a problem solving versus blaming.
• Actively promotes cooperation and teamwork among peers.
• Demonstrates ability to adjust to changes in work assignment; is flexible.
• Demonstrates willingness to assist others when needed.
•Demonstrates a welcoming atmosphere to see new staff and guest staff.
• Demonstrates being a supportive mentor to new staff.
•Takes an active role in learning about changes; offering suggestions.
• Accepts coaching on issues to improve current job skills or learn new ones.
•Follows the Sister’s current care plan and communicates all concerns to the Nurse.
• Provides personal cares including toileting, bathing/showering, foot care, eating assistance grooming and oral
cares. May provide simple treatment as directed.
• Encourage residents to direct ADL’s (activities of daily living) and per self-care when possible.
•Always use proper infection control and proper standard precautions; according to established standards.
• Observe residents for emotional, behavior and physical changes in conditions including, but not limited to changes
in mood, skin integrity, bowel and bladder status, food/fluid intake, speech ambulation and transfer ability.
Promptly reports any changes in condition to the Nurse.
•Transports residents to the clinic.
• Responds appropriately and in a timely manner to personal alarm devices.
• Completes documentation according department policy.
• Accurately and promptly reports changes in condition to Nurse.
• Provides accurate and complete shift to shift report verbal and written.
•Responds according to Policy and Procedures during an emergency.
• Accurately documents and communicates incidents and accidents.
•Demonstrates competency in the Nursing Assistant skills. Demonstrates correct use of equipment: to sit to stand,
oxygen concentrator/refill system, bed and chair alarms, electric beds, etc.
• Performs duties as assigned by SSSF Family Health Services Director and the RN-PM Supervisor and /or Charge
•Utilize supplies, time and equipment effectively to avoid damage or waste.
• Completes assignments during allotted scheduled times.
• Adheres to safety Requirements such as gait belt and when using high risk equipment such as lift devices.
Qualifications and Skills
• High School Graduate or GED equivalent. One-year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
• One year related experienced and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in a Long-Term Care facility preferred.
• Current unencumbered Certification as a Nursing Assistant int eh State of Wisconsin.
The CNA positions of 40 hours per pay period or more are benefit eligible positions and offer a competitive wage. Our benefits that are available includes health/dental/vision insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 403(b) employer contribution, paid vacation days and holidays.
Qualified candidates please send a cover letter and resume to Sonia Riecan, Human Resources Manager – U.S. Province at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online on our website.
School Sisters of St. Francis
Why Work Here?The School Sisters of St. Francis is an international community of Catholic sisters based in Milwaukee. Visit our website at www.sssf.org to apply.
Excellent benefits and a wonderful and compassionate atmosphere to work in.