Outside Sales Representative - Full Time
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States at https://scholastic.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/5763/other-jobs-matching/location-only
11 hours agoPost Date
Each year Scholastic Book Fairs, in partnership with schools across the country, hosts more than 127,000 book-sale events that give more than 35 million students and their families access to thousands of affordable and educational products, helping foster a lifelong love of reading.
We are currently in search of full-time Book Fair Field Representatives to help our schools in the Greater Montgomery County area territory of Maryland host successful events. These full time positions offer medical, dental and vision benefits, Paid Time Off, a generous 50% off discount on Scholastic merchandise, 401k, summers off, and so much more!
Qualified candidates will be able to achieve net revenue and overall sales program goals in assigned territory through effective execution of the sales and servicing methods of the company. They will support our mission to encourage reading and promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect for all people.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop a sales plan by partnering with the Sales Consultants in target schools/fairs to maximize sales at each event.
- Identify, communicate, and respond to opportunities to impact sales and customer satisfaction with each customer.
- Schedule, coordinate, and conduct Book Fair Workshops to maximize the Chairperson training opportunities and sales performance.
- Conduct selected revenue-building activities to optimize Book Fair financial results for the school and the Company.
- Evaluate schools for prospective customers and additional bookings.
- Develop and expand customer relationships with each Chairperson and other school personnel by understanding individual requirement/expectations and meeting needs through company's product, process, and services.
- Build rapport and cooperative relationships with customers, and take immediate action to meet customer needs and concerns. Seek feedback, and effectively recover from customer service mistakes.
- Exercise creativity and innovation by contributing to the creation, enhancement, or improvement of Scholastic's products, services, and internal operations.
- Build productive working relationships with both internal and external customers through effective, organized, and timely communications.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in Business Administration, Management, Marketing, or related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of proven successful sales experience in telephone sales, personal selling, and customer service
- Proficiency with MS Office software; experience with Sales Automation, Customer Relationship Management, or Web-based software programs.
- Proven ability to build and grow revenue while adding value for customers.
- Familiarization with children's literature, Book Fairs, and school activities desired.
- Ability to execute a vision, manages multiple priorities, and achieves results.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
- Demonstrated customer orientation over the telephone.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with peers, superiors (cross functional and throughout the organization) and customers.
- Proficient in marketing and merchandising strategy and execution.
- Professional business attire and appearance.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable MVR (0 at fault accidents and 1 violation or 1 at-fault accident in last 5 years and no violations) and passing background check.
- Overnight travel as necessary.
- Evening hours as needed.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs, push/pull cases up to 300 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Our policy is clear: there shall be no discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam veteran.
Those factors shall not influence the determination of qualifications for a job or other opportunity within the company. Further, all personnel actions (such as compensation, tuition aid, benefits, transfers, promotions, and dismissals, company-sponsored training, social and recreational programs) shall be administered without discrimination.
To view the full EOE policy, clickhere.
To view the Scholastic Inc. EEO Policy statement, clickhere.
To view the Pay Transparency provision, clickhere.