Schneider Electriccreates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company
We are seeking a Senior Writer and Editor to lead and grow a content operation designed to attract and nurture new leads and expand our thought leadership in the digital economy market. You will partner with technology and digital subject matter experts, work with senior/executive leadership members to establish/author voice and positioning, develop content marketing strategies and content, while working with outside media partners and network of writers. This is an exciting opportunity to bring new content strategies and IoT expertise to a company at the forefront of the future of efficiency and sustainability in digital solutions. If you are a team player who displays a positive, professional attitude always, loves to innovate and an expert in the communications world, then you are the person we are looking for and you'll be part of a dynamic, engaging team, designing and enhancing content across many business units, countries and markets. Specifically, the Technology & Digital Sr. Writer will:
- Create content - you'll be a leader and an executor
- Work directly with in-house content subject matter experts and outside freelance writers
- Design and manage the editorial calendar and share across multiple business units and countries
- Take our marketing content to new levels and directions, including video, web content, webinars, case studies, whitepapers, blogs, speaking engagements, and promotions (email, direct mail, social media, etc.)
- Strategically identify partner publications, companies, organizations, and more that are complementary to our goals
- Edit marketing content across the Global Marketing team
- Work with our web team to optimize content through SEO to improve search rankings
- Make data-driven decisions to move our content forward
- Ensure consistent brand voice across all communication efforts
Experience creating content for the web across several disciplines (text, design, video, etc.) and media (blogging, guides, whitepapers, research, infographics, podcasts, etc.).
Prior IoT and Digital Transformation knowledge/writing experience
5 years of work experience in communications and marketing
Strong project management and time management skills
The ability to lead cross functional project teams
Bachelors degree or equivalent in Marketing, Communications, Business or related disciplines.
2-3 years working in a global role with multicultural exposure and working in matrix organizations
You're a multichannel communications innovator, you know, write and create across all the channels - digital, email, executive presentations, social, events
Great interpersonal and communication skills - you can easily develop relationships both inside and outside the organization, so you can determine the right content that needs to be created
We're in an industry that is constantly evolving, so comfort with ambiguity is very important
A "how can we get this done" attitude