Project/Senior Project Level Hydraulic or Water Resources Engineer
Schnabel Engineering, Inc. Clifton Park, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Schnabel Engineering is an employee-owned, professional consulting firm that focuses on solving problems related to the earth and environment through specialization in dam, geotechnical, water resources, geostructural, and tunnel engineering. Schnabel’s high standards for quality, business ethics, and concern for the communities we live in and support, are a vital part of who we are and what we offer. Founded in 1956, Schnabel has experienced tremendous success and growth through its dedication to excellence in client service, high quality, and value-added solutions. Schnabel is an ENR Top 500 Design Firm and Top 10 Dams and Reservoirs Design Firm with over 400 employees in 22 offices throughout the United States and headquartered in Richmond, Virginia.
Recognized by Civil Engineering News as one of the Best Engineering Firms to Work for, Schnabel provides employees with a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, life and disability. Engagement in Schnabel’s wellness program offers incentives for employees to pursue a healthy lifestyle, and the firm rewards all employees through its Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Are you looking for interesting and meaningful work, a fun and flexible atmosphere, and opportunities to learn, grow, and excel? If so, then welcome to Schnabel! We approach problems with creativity and innovation. The Albany, NY office is seeking a Project/Senior Project Level Hydraulic or Water Resources Engineer to join our growing practice. Schnabel provides a broad range of professional services related to Dams, Levees, and Water and Wastewater infrastructure to private-sector and public-sector clients throughout the U.S. and abroad. We are looking for a motivated candidate with attention to detail, a passion to continue to develop as a professional, and a desire to be part of a strong team.
- Provide hydrologic, hydraulic, and water resource engineering expertise to the Albany area office and firm-wide Dam Engineering Group.
- Perform detailed and complex hydrologic, hydraulic, and water resource engineering analysis using state of the industry and cutting edge tools
- Develop and review design drawings, calculations, and technical reports for compliance with the current state of the practice.
- Manage dam evaluation and design projects.
- Develop engineering proposals.
- Perform inspections of dams and hydraulic structures
- Advance Schnabel’s dam engineering practice through sound designs, conference presentations, publishing of technical papers, participation in pertinent technical committees, and research and development of innovative or advanced analysis and software.
- Proactively market dam engineering and other services offered by Schnabel.
- Guide junior staff in the development of engineering recommendations and writing of technical reports.
- Perform project management activities including communicating resource needs, planning and delegating work, management of project budgets, invoicing and backlog reporting.
- Manage client relationships and business development opportunities.
- Manage, teach, and mentor junior staff, commensurate with experience level.
- A Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited program with an emphasis in Hydraulics, Hydrology, or Water Resources.
- A current Professional Engineering license.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with and active use of engineering software commonly used to evaluate watersheds, dams and hydraulic structures: HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SITES, WinDAM. Experience with 3D CFD or numerical modeling is preferred.
- Experience developing detailed design drawings and specifications.
- A strong work ethic and the desire to perform professionally at a high level.
- Effective time management, written communication skills, analytical skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently or as part of a team, efficiently balance multiple concurrent tasks, responsibilities, and commitments.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and must undergo a background check that may include criminal history, motor vehicle record and credit checks, plus a drug screen.
- Work experience consistent with this description of at least ten (10) years in civil engineering
- Examples of work product demonstrating proficiency in above referenced skills
- Ability to pass a pre-employment screening.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status is required. No visa sponsorship will be provided.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Powered by JazzHR