Schmidt Familly Eye Care Fremont, NE
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k
Schmidt Family Eye Care is seeking a social, friendly Optician to join our team in Fremont, NE! You will be responsible for recommending specific eyewear, take measurements, fit and adjust glasses, and teach customers to properly wear and care for their glasses or contact lenses. Previous experience and certification not required as we provide on the job training!
- Obtaining patient prescriptions from Optometrists and Ophthalmologists
- Taking customer information and measurements of the ocular area
- Recommending frames or contact lenses that suit the customer's style, face, and specifications
- Adjusting and fitting frames according to the prescriptions and customer's specifications, as well as to suit the customer's face
- Preparing work orders for the Optical Technicians to use to manufacture the lenses
- Using specialized equipment, such as calipers, lensometers, and lens gauges
- Keeping inventory on frames and contact lenses to ensure product variety and customer satisfaction
- Repairing broken frames
- Educating customers on how to wear and maintain glasses and contact lenses
- Performing administrative duties, such as managing prescriptions, customer records, and insurance
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Previous experience and certification not required as we provide on the job training
- Experience in a retail optical department or a similar environment preferred
- Focus on a fine attention to detail
- Competitive compensation offered that can be discussed at time of interview
Our customer service is second to none. We handle everything from adult comprehensive eye exams and children’s eye exams, and hard-to-fit contact lenses, to eye emergencies, treatment of eye diseases and co-management of eye surgery such as LASIK.
Schmidt Familly Eye CareWhy Work Here?
We hire only the best personalities in customer care and have a fun yet professional atmosphere for our patients and our staff!
We take pride in building lasting relationships with our patients, which is why we take the time to get to know you, your vision requirements and your lifestyle needs. Our customer service is second to none. We handle everything from adult comprehensive eye exams and children’s eye exams, and hard-to-fit contact lenses, to eye emergencies, treatment of eye diseases and co-management of eye surgery such as LASIK.
1035 E. 23rd FremontFremont, NE