- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to work in a meat manufacturing facility. Our ideal candidate has the ability to work independently and think on their feet while observing all necessary OSHA and USDA guidelines. Candidate will be joining a diverse and growing family business. Benefits include Health Insurance, Matching 401k, and paid time off. Normal hours are Monday-Friday 6am-3pm, with occasional overtime.
- Diagnose equipment failures and perform immediate repairs.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Assist production line operators on changeovers and with daily operational activities.
- Complete work orders and other required paperwork.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
- Order, inventory, and maintain a wide inventory of parts and supplies.
- A high degree of judgment and the ability to work independently is required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Forklift, Reach truck, and scissor lift operator qualifications preferred.
- Black seal boiler operator's license preferred.
- Relevant certifications in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, steam, or pneumatic systems a bonus.
- Valid driver's license required. CDL a bonus.
Preferred skill sets:
- Industrial electrical, conduit bending, and general installation
- Ability to both interpret and create electrical and mechanical drawings
- Conceptual knowledge of refrigeration systems
- Electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical troubleshooting aptitudes
- Welding, Pipe fitting, and general fabrication skills
- At least 2 years in manufacturing or field service required. Food industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques used in equipment repair required.
- Familiarity with USDA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), sanitation processes/procedures, OSHA, and HACCP a bonus.
Schmalz's European Provisions
66 Fadem RoadTrenton, NJ
Get fresh Facility Maintenance Mechanic jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.